PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Outlaw 525 IRS

knothead104
05-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Just picked up a superclean 525IRS with about 20 hours on it. Runs great but won't idle. Tried to adjust it but no change at all.
This bike has been sitting up for a while and idled fine the first night but when i rode it for a while it wouldnt idle. Thinking it may have a clogged jet so i'm taking the carb apart tonight. Anything else i should look for? Also this guy moved from new mexico down here to houston texas so i may rejet it as well. Does anyone have any ideas on what jet should be in there for the houston area? This bike is awesome I have always rode Hondas and glad I took a chance on this.

somewon
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I would definately do a good job cleaning the carb. did it come with a JD jet kit or are you just using the stock needle and aftermarket jets?

outlawjeff
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
there is a throttle adjustment on the handlebars. it is underneathe the black rubber boot comming out of your thumb throtle. Mine did the same exact thing and adjusting that and tighting the nut took care of mine not idling. i would do this before you take the carb all apart. hope this helps.

knothead104
05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for everyone help. I took apart the carb and didn't find anything. Put it back together and it did the same thing. Talked to a friend mine right after and sure enough it was in the throttle cable adjustment. There's a sensor in the throttle housing when the two switches touch it kills the motor. As soon as I adjusted it she runs like a champ. Anything else I should look out for on these bikes? What's the best nerf bars for this bike? Any help would be great.

TYLER329
05-31-2009, 04:20 PM
1) check the rear sprocket bolts
2) replace the sway bar with a chromoly sway bar
3) replace the gas cap with a vented gas cap
4) check the rear sprocket bolts again

knothead104
05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
sounds good. what's the JD jet kit?

knothead104
06-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Bump

somewon
06-05-2009, 07:00 AM
If you use the search function for this forum you can find tuning information for it. it is a pair of custom needles, and several replacement jets.

OutlawBill
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
does it stall at low speed and when you let off the gas. Mine did I richen up the low speed air circuit problem solved