PDA

View Full Version : carburator seals

Chouse Bin
05-28-2009, 06:43 AM
hey guys just wondering aboutl;e a couple things first off my 04 Z is alot harder to start then it use to be and there seens to be a little gas leeking near the gasket of the carb would this mean its time to get a carb rebuild kit?? or do theese even exist?? thx for the imput

dw0095
05-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Chouse Bin
hey guys just wondering aboutl;e a couple things first off my 04 Z is alot harder to start then it use to be and there seens to be a little gas leeking near the gasket of the carb would this mean its time to get a carb rebuild kit?? or do theese even exist?? thx for the imput

I tore my o-ring gasket when cleaning the float bowl and it took me 2 weeks to get one from the dealer (~$6). You probably won't need the kit unless your jets are dirty.

Chouse Bin
05-29-2009, 05:28 AM
yeah it seems to be collecting gas resedue on the gasket shes hard to start but once she starts shes good until she gets cold again then you have to turn her over a couple times to get her going plus i checked my plug yesturday and she was burning a bit lean could that contribute to it im running stock pipe stock jets just a filter thx for the reply