PDA

View Full Version : Help Please kill Switch on Flexx bars

bananas
05-28-2009, 06:25 AM
I did a search and came up with a few good ones but....

I opened up the the plastic wire cover from the Starter and light switch and it has 2 green wires with small black dashes and it does have a black wire with a white stripe.

So I can use one of the green wire with black dashes?

I did try hooking up the short wire to ground and the long one to the black with white stripe and the it didn't work.

I am keeping my keyswitch.

Extra note I have Flexx bars and I don't have room on the handle bars to mount it, so I mounted to the cross arms on the flexx bars. Is their a problem have flexx bars?

Thanks

2007 honda
05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
yea i had the same problem but i went back and re grounded the kill switch with the other way and hooked up the other to the black with white line and words perfect. u may have ur wires from the kill switch backwards because the white and black one is the right one

mxhead686
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
usually with flex bars, you get the clamp that comes from walsh or other companies that have a spot to mount ur kill switch..

bananas
05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
So hook up the ground to the Green wire with the black dashes on it? I hooked up the ground wire to a screen under the hood. It was easier to try.

Thanks for the replies.

When I am done I will post pictures.

bananas
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
All is working. it was working last night.

I thought it would not let the atv to turn over. It does so I did think it was working.

Their is nine wires in that harness.

Both green wires with black dashes or both grounds. I didn't use the green wire I hooked the short Black from the kill switch to a nut on the atv.

Here is some pictures, I hope they help

bananas
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Here is the ground again you can solder it on one of the greens wires too

cmmick
05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
the pro armor has a larger mount, that will fit on the bottom bar (comes with a spacer for top bar)