PDA

View Full Version : Rear Link: Shock Length question

Butter
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, I picked up a great deal on a used fully adjustable Axis rear shock, and it was supposed to work with a stock link for an '04-'05. Went, picked it up, brought it home, looked good. The guy said it needs to be revalved, but I figured he just ran the hell outta it, so the oil is so broken down, its not doing what it supposed to anymore, thus him thnking it was valving. Well I showed it to a friend of mine, and instantly he said, "the shock is too long for a stock link" So quick messurement, and he was right. Its 16.5" eye to eye, which is what my JB Superlink takes on my race bike. I planned on putting it on a stock link on my practice bike, but obviously I'm not running a long travel rear shock on a stock link, so does anyone know what link that works with a stock swinger takes a 16.5" shock? Me and my bro rebuild our own shocks, so I planned on doing that, and I got a set of Axis fronts for my Lonestar arms on my practice bike, so I would really like to have Axis on everything I ride. I would consider trading for a stock length rear Axis with Comp. and Rebound, and a few bucks just so it would work on my bike.

300ex_#387
05-28-2009, 07:38 AM
You could put a stock 06-09 swingarm on and run the LSR DC-6 linkage. I do not think that linkage will work with the 04-05 swingarms.

Butter
05-28-2009, 07:45 AM
That link uses a 16.5" shock? I have an '06 swinger, shock, and link on it already, but I had the old '04 swinger, shock, and link too, and if thats what it worked on, I would of just switched it back around. I'll look into that link though Thanks!

Butter
05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey man just looked it up, and you were right man. Thanks a ton. One thing though, I'm getting my practice bike in shape, but it will never be as sick as your practice bike, lol!

300ex_#387
05-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah I run the DC-6 linkage and my shock that is set up for it actually measure 16 3/8 so i'm sure it will work. Haha I know man....my practice bike really gives me a workout.