PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP kfx400

yellowhonda400
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I just bought a 2005 kfx400. the guy said it sat for 2 years. so we drained theold gas and bput new gas in. chnaged all fluids. it has an hmf slip on. the problem is when i ride it, it wants to stall out. The quad runs fine while in netural but right as you start riding it bogs and wants to stall. Anyone know what this good be. i might go clean the carb out now but if anyone else has better adivce please share.

BakerRacing40
05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
sounds like your main jet is trashed up. take the carb off and clean it good. to old fuel has made your carb full of gunk. if you want to test this.. loosen the carb spin it a little so you can access the bottom. take the little cap out of the bowl or take the bowl off. remove your main jet. spray some brake clean through it. take your airbox off and air tube and have somebody push the throttle and spray brake clean on a clean no lint towel and wipe the needle clean. then see what it does. but fully cleaning it either fixes it right or eliminates that.

RATPACK Z400
05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
carb cleaning for sure! then take out main jet and blow though it or you might be able to see though if clogged get sewing needle to push out dirt. then check float if its moves freely up and down .new spark plug would be good too.check airfilter /intake for dirt getting in. Also check jet size,prevous owner might have jetted it wrong .