PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Offroad Sway Bar

GSXRaptor
05-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey guys, I was looking through some pics on atv riders from the race this past weekend at Steel City. I noticed Joe Byrd was running the Sonic Offroad Sway Bar. I was thinking about getting one for my quad and wondered if anyone else has one or has any info about the sway bar. I guess if Joe Byrd was using it, it must be worth it!!! Any feedback would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

mxduner
05-30-2009, 10:54 AM
i'm curious to. first time i seen 1 used in mx, but then again i dont follow as close as i should

06 Honda 450R
05-30-2009, 11:18 AM
im not sure but i saw a swaybar a while back that could be tuned to no role to a little bit of roll, i think it might be like this one, so like if you would land off kilter then the landing wouldnt be so bad

GSXRaptor
05-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey, i found sonics website. www.sonicoffroad.com. looks like they have lots of bars that are fully adjustable for front and rear IRS applications!

BakerRacing40
05-31-2009, 07:12 PM
wow never seen anybody do that !?! that's pretty cool though. every body kinda looks at my bike when i roll to the local ridding areas with my sway bar on. i wonder what the other racers thought when he rolled up like that?

sonicracer
06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey guys. I'm from Sonic Offroad. I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I'm here to answer any questions you might have about our products.

We have been developing our new anti roll bar for the past few years and we have come up with a unique adjustable design that can add a little or a lot of roll stiffness to the front of your ATV.

The purpose of this product is to transfer weight from the front of your ATV to the inside rear tire which adds traction to get you out of the corners faster and to enjoy a more stable ride.

If you get a chance check out our website sonicoffroad.com (http://www.sonicoffroad.com). Their are many different things that we do as a company from motorcycle powered race buggies industrial design and manufacturing.
-Andy

Scro
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Have you done any XC testing?

sonicracer
06-23-2009, 02:40 PM
We have done a lot of XC testing and racing with the front bar on IRS ATV's and it works amazing. One racer from Wisconsin told me his best finish was 14th and after putting our Anti roll bar setup on his ATV he got a 4th and then the following race he got 1st in his class racing his Honda 700xx.

We also have done testing and racing with it on the front of XC ATV's but we have yet to take the time with a top pro to develop the perfect roll rates for their ATV's.

We will be doing testing with some of the top pros during the GNCC summer break to come up with the correct torsion rates for XC racing. ATV Rider will most likely be doing a story on the setup and how exactly we come up with the correct torsion rates.

They will also go over how to make adjustments to the system for different track conditions.

I expect the rates to be a little lower then what we are using on the MX ATV's but I could be wrong because the front shocks are much softer for XC and therefore they resist roll less.

GSXRaptor
06-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Hey sonic, i will def be in touch and get some pricing from you! It is bad a** that joe byrd and nick denoble are running your bars! My quad has some bad roll in corners and i want to get rid of it asap lol!

BakerRacing40
06-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by sonicracer
We have done a lot of XC testing and racing with the front bar on IRS ATV's and it works amazing. One racer from Wisconsin told me his best finish was 14th and after putting our Anti roll bar setup on his ATV he got a 4th and then the following race he got 1st in his class racing his Honda 700xx.

We also have done testing and racing with it on the front of XC ATV's but we have yet to take the time with a top pro to develop the perfect roll rates for their ATV's.

We will be doing testing with some of the top pros during the GNCC summer break to come up with the correct torsion rates for XC racing. ATV Rider will most likely be doing a story on the setup and how exactly we come up with the correct torsion rates.

They will also go over how to make adjustments to the system for different track conditions.

I expect the rates to be a little lower then what we are using on the MX ATV's but I could be wrong because the front shocks are much softer for XC and therefore they resist roll less.

765 bucks? i know their tuff enough to mx and xc on but for tt? way to high, IMO ...

sonicracer
06-24-2009, 09:46 AM
For TT racing their are a lot of inexpensive bars that will do the job. They won't be as adjustable with as many options as the Sonic Edge Sway Bar but will work fine for TT.

Our product will always be more expensive then the others out there because of the design, manufacturing, and quality put into them. Luckily, We have recently compiled our numbers since our first production run is nearly complete and the new MSRP has been lowered to $647.95.

rustyATV
06-27-2009, 02:13 PM
You're really hiring engineers? :D