PDA

View Full Version : AC Racing

hondariderdylan
05-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I am sitting here taking my automotive final exam and im on the forums reading threads etc. and somthing ive noticed lately is some of the talk about AC Racing

some good some bad
so far ive heard:

"they are better than pro armor"
"they need to pack a hammer with there products to get them to fit"
"They have come with the stickers placed upside down on my nerfs"
"I ordered stickers from them and i havent heard anything back"

etc,etc
i was wanting to know others experiences with AC

i also wanted to know a little background on them, i see people from rath in races and in magazines etc.
i see pro armor advertising, having people out in the feild
i even see DG with ads in my quad magazines

but havent heard anything from AC but somehow they stay in business and people continue to buy there stuff......

input?

54warrior
05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I have only owned one of their swingarm skidplates. It was a complete POS and a waste of money.

After that experience and seeing the quality of their other products installed on a friends 250R, I will never purchase anything from them again.

PRM Products all the way for my aluminum needs.

Snipe
05-27-2009, 10:57 AM
It seems to be a pref dif with anything us quad owners buy.

I like ac racing I have a set of nerf bars bolted right on no complaintes, they have seen many hours still no cracks, bends or breaks. I need to buy some new nets that is how good the bars have held up.

I would def own AC racing with no problems.

Hell every company has a bad product now and then and in ever product run they have bad parts that make it through it just happens.

kawabunga
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I've owned multiple pieces of AC products. I kind of agree with the hammer comment, lol. But overall, I'm happy with all my purchases. I don't really have anything bad to say about AC. On the other hand, I will never purchase another UM product.

kawabunga
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Snipe
Hell every company has a bad product now and then and in ever product run they have bad parts that make it through it just happens.

EXACTLY And you'll always hear about the bad experiences. More often people will tell others about bad experiences than good. Just the way it goes.

SRH
05-27-2009, 11:09 AM
ac bumpers, nerfs and grab bars is what i prefer, for skids i ran prm desert .190

ac has a simpler more efficient design than pro armor, pro armor stuff is actually kind of weak from what ive seen, ive seen 4-5 sets of broken pro pegs and bumpers only taking 1-2 impacts...

the thing with ac is i think they had a bunch of mexicans in there doing the welding and what not and they were pretty high production so the fits werent as good as they should of been:p

ac is good stuff, but u gotta know what to buy and what not to buy, pro armor is just in style right now, alot of people buy them for looks vs actual function you want your bumper and nerfs to hold up to impacts for the season not buy 2-3 sets at 200+ a pop

feuerstack411
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I ran AC pro pegs last season. The only way to describe them was POS. By mid season the welds were cracking and I had to re-weld them a bunch of times. I'm running some REM nerfbars that came off of Pat Browns bike and they're great.

quad2xtreme
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I have the TRX450r MX Pro Peg setup with the deep footwells. They have been holding up great. They mounted up without having to bend or pry them at all. I did have to grind one small spot in a reinforcement plate on the right side of the subframe. It was a simple fix to allow the bolt head on the nerf to fit flush.

I've had 3 AC front bumps since 2000 or 2001. No problems yet with multiple tree strikes. I did have a 4th that got bent pretty good but it didn't break. We also had a set of AC nerfs for the 400ex. My wife ran them for 3 years or so before I made her switch to the Magnum Propegs.

hondariderdylan
05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
to fill you guys in on my AC experience

i have the nerfs and the bumper
the nerfs are great but did not fit well and the bumper is great,it took a bit of work to get on but it has been through hell and hasent given me any trouble

chris hallett
05-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Not shure about AC stuff but I have RAth nerfs and front bumper,they fit great are built very good.I hit a tree with the front bumper fairly hard and all I did was tweak it .I would not be afraid to buy but be prepared you will pay a little more for them.

hondariderdylan
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by chris hallett
Not shure about AC stuff but I have RAth nerfs and front bumper,they fit great are built very good.I hit a tree with the front bumper fairly hard and all I did was tweak it .I would not be afraid to buy but be prepared you will pay a little more for them.

i continue to hear good things about rath

to bad im stuck with a 250ex for now and cant pick up some of there stuff:p

deathman53
05-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I have AC stuff on my bikes, the bumpers and grab bars take some patience to fit right. It takes some hammer work to fit them, they are on the small side and not leaving much margin for frame imperfections. Nobody's frame is straight and perfect, unless it is brand new and never ever used and even then not every frame is exactly the same. I personally don't want a strong bumper or grab bar, that is how frames and subframes get bent. I've seen 250r and 400ex frames with prm and such bumpers and grab bars bend the frames and subframes. If you don't know, that brand of products is almost the strongest you can buy. My friend had a throttle problem and it stuck wot on his atc250r(perfectly straight, near new frame), He just put on a prm desert grab bar. He didn't hurt the grab bar at all, cracked and did a nice twisting of the subframe. I had a similar problem on my well worn 86 atc250r, it bent the grab bar straight up and tweaked the mounts just alittle, now this was using an AC grab bar. I lost control of my trx250r and it went into a tree, cracked the AC bumper and snapped two of the bolts off, didn't hurt the frame at all. I'd rather replace grab bars and bumpers than frames. To me a bumper or grab bar is one-time damage use product, its takes the force and breaks instead of transferring it to the frame.

Punkmaster Flex
05-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm with you on that. A bumper should take a hit and absorb most of the impact to save the more expensive parts. It shouldnt be bullet proof otherwise it will hurt you more than it will help you.

fili
05-30-2009, 06:26 PM
my friend had a set of ac nerfs on his old 400ex...hassle to put the darn things on, but i ran them over with my 4x4 two or three if not more times...no cracks or bends in them...no complaints here.