PDA

View Full Version : KOSO carbs any good?

oldyeller
05-27-2009, 08:45 AM
I am recieving mixed reviews on the koso carbs and am wondering if its worth spending the money to get the parts I need to try the one I have?....Are the throttle cables the same for the koso and the keihin?

dwhst9
05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
I bought a used Koso Power Jet carb off a member on here and it's performed flawless so far.

THARNESS
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I have had the pleasure of having two Koso carbs the last couple of years and they worked great, as long as you were only using them for a door stop or a paper weight.

That's the only good I could get out of them.

Just my opinion.

05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Do you still have these door stops cause I would be interested in them let me know THARNESS I will buy them from you thanks

oldyeller
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Seems like the mixed reviews continue.:D

05-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by oldyeller
I am recieving mixed reviews on the koso carbs and am wondering if its worth spending the money to get the parts I need to try the one I have?....Are the throttle cables the same for the koso and the keihin?

Yes they are the same cable and Im sure im the one dwhst9 is talking about ME lol. They are great carbs if your not running the Keihin

dwhst9
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Yes they are the same cable and Im sure im the one dwhst9 is talking about ME lol. They are great carbs if your not running the Keihin

Yes I'm talking about YOU lol.

THARNESS
05-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Do you still have these door stops cause I would be interested in them let me know THARNESS I will buy them from you thanks

I may have one. I'll check when I get home and let ya know. If I do it will still be new.

Logan #34's Dad
05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm running the 28 KOSO and it seems just fine. Harness, how do I know if mine is hurting performance of not? It is jetted in and work properly I believe.

THARNESS
05-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I'm running the 28 KOSO and it seems just fine. Harness, how do I know if mine is hurting performance of not? It is jetted in and work properly I believe.

The biggest problem I had with my koso's was it seemed that I was always chasing the jetting. I could never get it to run crisp on the bottom without hurting it on the top or vice-versa.

The people who are smart enough to figure those things out have pretty good luck with them, I'm just not one of those people.

The Keihn and Mikuni carbs seem to be much easier to dail in for me. And once I get them there I never have to touch them again.

I like easy.

05-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Did you have one Tom? Just let me know.

oldyeller
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
The jetting in the carb is #35 pilot and a #135 main..Does that sound like a good starting point for a 90 with a pipe and UNI?

oldyeller
05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I talked to a couple different guys including Chris at hetricks and the D slide koso didn't get a glowing recommendation.The general complaint seems to be that it is very difficult to tune the carb for top end and bottom end both....Since I have to buy a new throttle cable,filter and a set of reeds just to try this thing I think I will pass on it for now....Sounds like a 24mm would be better suited for me than the 28mm as well..

dwhst9
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
The Koso carb we're running is a 24mm. We're also running a ported big bore cylinder. This makes an awesome trail machine. It flat out hauls with my 6-1 235# on it!

THARNESS
05-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Did you have one Tom? Just let me know.

I finally found it. PM sent

saintmick
05-31-2009, 02:42 PM
koso carbs i,ve come across for some reason won,t let the engine rev to its peak

06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
There is a difference between OKO and KOSO. Koso is a awsome carb and oko is the ones that are hard to tune as they are not as smooth on the inside as the Keihin. Just to let everybody know.

JAG Motosports
06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Mine says both Koso and OKO on it. It has been a good carb for alot of years.

EDIT... OOOOO SNAP, actually the Koso is the same as Sunworld...no wonder I have had good luck with it:D