PDA

View Full Version : slip on vs. full exhaust system

stumpy
05-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Just got the bike. Plan on pulling the airbox lid only.
Will not mess with cams/piston. Is it worth installing the full system vs a slip on. Looking at getting an HMF.

mxpimp2000
05-27-2009, 06:04 PM
i went from a TC full system to a HMF slipon with stock header and i can say that i like my HMF way better. HMF sounds really good and worth the money for sure i say HMF all the way. and i race A class locals and it gets me holeshots and wins i like it:D

Ryan
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone running the HMF with the quiet core in it? I got my stock silencer with the baffle out. I wanna upgrade to a HMF or something, I just can't have it any louder than it already is. Any idea's?

Stumpy, from what I heard, the YFZ's stock head pipes are built really well. I don't think its really worth an extra 2 bills to spend on a new head pipe.

mxpimp2000
05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Anyone running the HMF with the quiet core in it? I got my stock silencer with the baffle out. I wanna upgrade to a HMF or something, I just can't have it any louder than it already is. Any idea's?

Stumpy, from what I heard, the YFZ's stock head pipes are built really well. I don't think its really worth an extra 2 bills to spend on a new head pipe.

good luck because the HMF even with quite core isnt going to compare to a stock muffler