PDA

View Full Version : 06 ltr450 problems

!LL W!LL
05-26-2009, 11:08 PM
got a 06 ltr that starts fine runs for a little bit then dies fairly quick without giving it any throttle....just put a brand new fuel pump..any way to test the injector?...any ideas guys??

thanks

Baracudaaa
05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Mine is doing the exact same thing right now. I have the problem down to the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or the TPS. It will start, idle, then after about 30 seconds, slowly idle down and die. I think its the TPS, but will let you know next week what my issue was.

!LL W!LL
05-27-2009, 08:35 AM
oh alright thanks man, let me know if you figure it out??

Baracudaaa
05-27-2009, 03:41 PM
No prob, doing tests this weekend.

TAXMAN420
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Here is a link to the shop repair manual.
www.rockinhorseweb.com/2006_ltr_service_manual.htm
:)

jherbie28
05-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Mine is doing the exact same thing right now. I have the problem down to the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or the TPS. It will start, idle, then after about 30 seconds, slowly idle down and die. I think its the TPS, but will let you know next week what my issue was.

mine is doing the same thing except it dosent always shut off.......when i give it throttle it bogs then catches back up, for example it will bog then run fine its weird. checked both fuel filters, electrical connections, getting a new plug for it tomorow. it acts like its not getting enough fuel when it wants it. dont know how to check pump as far as to see if its ok:confused: dont know let us know what ya find out.

DortonRacing
05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I know this sounds weird but check all the the wires up front under the plastic. take them all off there holder wiggle/move them around a little bit. had the same problem this fixed my had a sensor not getting good connection. They get muddy and wet alot.

Baracudaaa
06-01-2009, 08:09 AM
After much testing, my issue is the fuel pump, but I dont know if that helps you since you replaced yours? The pump motor would run good for about 20-30 seconds, then slowly wind down and die. This was done off the bike, on a constant 12volt source, so it wasnt a battery issue. I am also going to replace the relay sensors since they are cheap.

jherbie28
06-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by DortonRacing
I know this sounds weird but check all the the wires up front under the plastic. take them all off there holder wiggle/move them around a little bit. had the same problem this fixed my had a sensor not getting good connection. They get muddy and wet alot.

i have a plastic cover over those parts for that exact reason, i will check though.....thanks

i put a new plug in and man its running worse then before it seems like:mad: this is pissing me off. my computer will not alow me to download the shop manuel that someone so nicely posted, something with adobe?

jherbie28
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
all right we may be on to something...........big thanks to my wife of all people and pop duponster. my powercommander must of took a chit cause i un hooked it and it ran like a champ.

next problem i have a $300 paper weight or does anybody think it can be remapped or what?