PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 350 compression question

FASTDAD-77
05-26-2009, 08:17 PM
I got a question if anyone may know. I have heard several times of people having the heads shaved or decked on engines for higher compression but has anyone here ever done this to a warrior or raptor 350 and how much was taken off. This engine has probably less than 300 miles on it but has sit so long the valve seals are neading replaced and while I got it apart I was going to change the cam out. I got a FMF pipe on it now but I was looking for a little extra power without boring this engine yet untill it needs it.

nakomis0
05-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Compression is normally increased by the piston on a 4 stroke. With the valves and stuff you really don't shave the head or deck the cylinder.

You could get a high comp piston, larger valves, or porting.

86 Quad R
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
i'd 1st have the bore checked to see if its still true(not tappered or egged). check the piston to wall tolerances to make sure they are within the service limit. if it checks out ok i would knock the glaze off the cylinder and install fresh rings, then you can have the head milled a bit but dont take too much off. while your at it i'd have a port job done.

if you really want to wake it up, install a 400ex carb. ;)