PDA

View Full Version : Rear linkage

ADTR14
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I cant seem to find any info on aftermarket linkages. So are you guys just running the stock one? I will be using fox shocks with the stock swinger more than likely.

BEARAZZ
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
woodZrider has a GT Thunder link for sale if ya need one

MtnEX
06-02-2009, 12:12 AM
What tells you that you need to run an aftermarket rear link on this particular bike?

zphillie
06-02-2009, 08:59 AM
GT Thunder Link works awesome with Fox Podium

4wheelinmatt
06-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I have a GT Thunder mx link on the way and ill be running a Motowoz rear shock when it gets here.

ADTR14
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
What tells you that you need to run an aftermarket rear link on this particular bike?

Its not that I think I need one. Its more the fact I haven't found much info on them and was curious as to what people are using.

I recently talked to BCS and they told me I'd be better off keeping the stock linkage with the stock swinger or save my money for a walsh rear end.

MtnEX
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ADTR14
Its not that I think I need one. Its more the fact I haven't found much info on them and was curious as to what people are using.

I recently talked to BCS and they told me I'd be better off keeping the stock linkage with the stock swinger or save my money for a walsh rear end.

I was just curious what the "symptom" would be that would suggest needing a linkage.

You must run motocross tracks?

4wheelinmatt
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I was just curious what the "symptom" would be that would suggest needing a linkage.

The symptom is a harsh bucking rear end, well for at least for me it is. Also it will bring the rear end ride high down which is a must on this bike.

MtnEX
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelinmatt
The symptom is a harsh bucking rear end, well for at least for me it is. Also it will bring the rear end ride high down which is a must on this bike.

OK... so same as the 400EX then...

I think I'll be alright without one.

I'm thinking maybe that is the only positive side to the weight I've gained.

My 400EX bucks some sometimes... and I might could adjust some more of that out. But I think it's liveable without a link.

My KFX bucks worse in some conditions. But I have not started dialing in the shock yet.

My ride height is around 7" which I am hoping will be OK for XC type riding.

ADTR14
06-02-2009, 11:05 PM

The plan is to hopefully build a 450 this summer that will be somewhat of an overall race and play machine (I have it all planned out already). So right now I'm doing as much research as possible, because I'm the type of person who wants to do it right the first time and address all the "problem" areas of the quad.

As far as symptoms I know the KFX sits a little high so a linkage should help. The subframe mod is another item on my list.

I will try to finish out the WORCS series as well as doing some small desert and mx races.

MtnEX
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ADTR14
The plan is to hopefully build a 450 this summer that will be somewhat of an overall race and play machine (I have it all planned out already). So right now I'm doing as much research as possible, because I'm the type of person who wants to do it right the first time and address all the "problem" areas of the quad.

As far as symptoms I know the KFX sits a little high so a linkage should help. The subframe mod is another item on my list.

I will try to finish out the WORCS series as well as doing some small desert and mx races.

Well... to be honest, it doesn't sit high.

The outer fenders are just really high, which makes it look that way. The rear subframe slopes up pretty good too, so it looks sort of funny to me without a rider.

The subframe can be modded to be adjustable if you want to drop that down.

The actual ride height depends on the preload settings and your weight.

My preload is low and my weight is higher than what I would consider racing weight (around 200 lbs) and mine settles down pretty good for me.

I have about a 7" ride height.

Sprks450r04
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
bucking=slow down your rebound.

lowering the rear end= cut 1/4" out of your subframe and weld it back. mint

stock linkage is pretty much the best u can get right now. i have been talking to jim @ motowoz and he has made 10 plus linkage's and the stock one is the best so far

ADTR14
06-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Sprks450r04

lowering the rear end= cut 1/4" out of your subframe and weld it back. mint

stock linkage is pretty much the best u can get right now. i have been talking to jim @ motowoz and he has made 10 plus linkage's and the stock one is the best so far

Yep this is what people have been telling me.