PDA

View Full Version : good trade, bad noise

sandalanalyst
05-26-2009, 05:52 PM
hey guys, well, i traded my 2000 400ex, that wasnt very pretty, for an 05 predator tld, figured the trades worth it, its newer, bigger, the kid needed something not so crazy i guess, but the motors got a tick, mine didnt, but.... i still think its a good trade even if i have to adjust the valves or even tear it down and put a couple hundred into the motor... one problem im not too sure of though, cause ive never had this problem, is it shifts HARD, like i couldnt get it into second at all til i actually had to try hard, still worth it though, even if it needs tranny work, i can do all the work myself, but any ideas? think the shift forks are going bad? the side case does have a leak (oil) so maybe someone ran it too low and the shift forks are just prematurely wearing? idk, any ideas would be good.. great trade as far as im conserned, cant wait to tear into the motor.. will be a slow process financially, but.... will be well worth it, why do you predator owners think its shifting so hard though? any ideas

katch26
06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
well the tick could be from the valves being out of spec or the cam chain is loose or the cam chain tensioner. These would be good places to start. If the side case is leaking its probably low which is why its shifting hard.