PDA

View Full Version : Ups Wtf?

rooster_20
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Alright I destroyed my axle the other day and came in ordered a new one and it would be here last Friday I was all excited something went wrong somewhere and it got delayed so I had to wait until today well I come home from work and my package is on the porch I'm again all excited I pick up the box and its as light as a feather! Wow must be a carbon fiber axle or something then I see on the package label it weighs 20 pounds now I don't work out so something is up...I open the box and all that is inside is brown paper wrapper...Call where I ordered it and they said no prob we will ship one today it should be here in 2 days and UPS will call you about the box and inspection of the box. Well I call UPS to make sure they have my cell number on file because I work 10hrs a day and I'm hardly ever home they say there is no damage claim on file he files one and someone will call my cell phone tomorrow...has anyone ever lost something through UPS and how did they handle it/what else should I do...

bergoff
05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
its my understanding that if they think that the package is over a certain $ amount that someone has to sign for it. or they will leave a sticker on the door. was there a hole in the end of the box. good luck

Snipe
05-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Why being there is always good and open the package before letting them leave, they might get mad but if its missing or broken its on them and not the whole well maybe he has it but is just saying that.

As long as the company is sending a new one its all taken care of. Carriers will lose stuff im sure it sucks but it happens.

Sorry it happened to you I know what its like its like christmas morning just plain brown wrapping lol.

rooster_20
05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Yea I'm an honest person and would never steal or anything if you were implying that I have the axle or whatever. They called today and said a truck would come tomorrow and pick it up. I'm not going to be home again and told them I would leave it on my porch. It sucks having to work all the time...

Snipe
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
No I wasnt implying that I was saying that is what to do so they dont think that lol.

n811
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I have a long list of UPS stories. I use FED EX whenever possible. I ship stuff for my work almost everyday. The way things get lost with UPS they really don't care