PDA

View Full Version : stolen raptor

bertman
01-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Dont know why I didnt think of this sooner ..Iguess just noticed how many people from all over Va and Md come to this site so I will give it a shot , I live in Dale city VA and in July I had my 01 raptor stolen from me while I was at the hospital with my wife having a baby ,I had just spent about 1500 on alot of new parts for this bike . The bike is blue with no decals , new parts are as follows , renthal bars , acerbis hand guards , yoshi pipe , douglas wheels (all 4 ) and new holeshot xcr tires , dg nerfs ,front bar and rear grab bar , k&n filter , new blue shockwears the bike evn had the key in it , now if thats not descriptive enough there are a couple lil things about it I could tell someone to help identify it if you think u may know the bike , there is a CASH REWARD for the bike and at this point I dont want to know who when where, I would just like my bike back !!!!! Any info would be great, you can e-mail me or preferably call bert at 571 233 6515 or 703 409 2138 thanks to everyone ahead of time for keepin your eyes out for it from here on out if you dont mind !!!!

jarred15801
01-03-2003, 10:51 PM
that sucks man

sorry to hear that

good luck getting it back

kaneman23
01-03-2003, 11:10 PM
I live in the Dumfries area. I will be sure to keep an eye out for it as well. PM me, I would like to know more details. I think someone has tried to steal mine recently as well.

Instinctz
01-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Man this is the third one I have heard about tonight... Sorry to hear that, it sucks that we have to do that kinda stuff, but I am seriously thinking about putting up a cam system to watch my shed and atv's. Well worth the money in my point of view, if I lived closer I would look out for you, but where I go.. I see thousands of quads, and am impossible to pick out one.

4punksdad
01-04-2003, 01:09 PM
a picture might be helpful in identifying it..............

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 11:52 AM
you live in dale city and you have a Raptor? lol get a dale! good luck finding it though.

bertman
01-05-2003, 11:55 AM
flyin 400, I DID GET A DALE !! Bought bens 2003 blaze a few weeks ago , good advice though , still b nice to have my raptor back to beat up on sometimes not to mention the amount of money I lost on it

bertman
01-05-2003, 11:57 AM
never got a chance to take a any pics with all the new parts on it , I had just put them all on it and ridden maybe 2 times

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 12:18 PM
haha cool

yeah it sucks that you lost money and raptors are pretty fast and fun to go around on.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 12:43 PM
I feel for ya bert. With all the quad thefts reported on here lately I called my insurance company to make sure mine are covered. They claim they are covered under the homeowner policy at no extra charge. I hope I never have to call in a claim. I can't stand a thief.

bertman
01-06-2003, 01:09 PM
4punks
I would double check your actual policy , I thought the same but it has an exclusion in it about unregistered vehicles not being covered unless used to maintain your property, they said they could have stolen it out of my garage and it still would not b insured .... Or hopefully you have better homeowners than I do

Doibugu2
01-06-2003, 01:19 PM
4Punks,

I have State Farm, and when I asked them if mine was covered on my homeowners, they also said no.

I would suggust getting something in writing from your agent, because its much easier for them to say, "Sorry, I was wrong and oh by the way were not covering your quad"

Just food for thought.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 01:29 PM
i was a victim to the low life scum that stole my sons xr-50......4 days old btw:grr

my homeowners said......not a chance!!!!!:grr only if i could prove the use of it in the upkeep and or maintance of my property.:mad:

everyone...double check!!!

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 08:13 PM
my nationwide agent told me that all of my vehicles are covered as long as they are not registered and insured under another policy. I am not going to argue with them so I can pay more. I simply logged it in my database (with a time date stamp) so I can have proof later........heck, I might even call & ask them to put it on paper.

marksuttonjr
01-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Good luck getting the Raptor back...
Also good luck getting any insurance co to pay for anything that gets stolen. I've had several items stolen that I was paying to have insured and had in writing that they were covered, but that all changed when I didn't have the sales receipts for the items. The items included one #### of a car stereo system, and a 3 wheeler. I never saw the 1st dime of my money because I had no receipts.

RideRed400EX
01-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I suggest posting the serial number (or at least the last four digits). Four months ago my buddy spied a "Wanted" poster in a local shop for a stolen Banchee. The same weekend we saw the bike and it's was returned to it's rightful owner.

Just a suggestion