PDA

View Full Version : Oil LEAK!!!!

mxpimp2000
05-26-2009, 03:50 PM
while i was out at the track on sunday i noticed dust/oil on my frame rail and around the bottom of my oil filter cover. i didnt not see any dripping oil or any signs of leakin but you could tell oil was present with the way the dirt build up was. the bolts for the cover are tight and i pressure washed it and i havent seen any coming out anywhere but how else is the oil goin to just magically appear?????

this was 2nd-3rd time on last oil change and it was full of oil but i checked my oil level and it was 1/8 inch from E....:confused: :confused:

Gommer450r
05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
maybe as soon as it gets hot enough it seeps threw the o ring or o ring's for your filter cover
or maybe somewhere else but if it is dustin up around your filter cover i would go get some O rings and try that out

jrspawn
05-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Like posted its probably just the filter cover o rings. If not you might also want to check the weap hole under the water pump. There is an oil seal behind the common leaky water pump seal that can fail(along with the impeller shaft) that will cause some oil to seep out.

mxpimp2000
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Like posted its probably just the filter cover o rings. If not you might also want to check the weap hole under the water pump. There is an oil seal behind the common leaky water pump seal that can fail(along with the impeller shaft) that will cause some oil to seep out.

so theres a seal inside the water pump for the oil? i sure hope i dont have to mess with the water pump

jrspawn
05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Behind your water pump cover you'll have the impeller, water pump seal, then your oil seal on the crank side. Whenever you get any type of leak out of the hole its not a bad idea to pull your clutch side case cover and replace both seals and impeller shaft.

mxpimp2000
05-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Behind your water pump cover you'll have the impeller, water pump seal, then your oil seal on the crank side. Whenever you get any type of leak out of the hole its not a bad idea to pull your clutch side case cover and replace both seals and impeller shaft.

well i hate the way that sounds because ive never had the side cases apart and id screw something up. theres a hose on the bottom of my water pump cover and it runs back to the linkage.

mxpimp2000
05-27-2009, 06:02 PM
i may have her figured out...started the bike up and let it idle for 2-3 mins and put my finger under the filter cover and around the bolt it was starting to come out..i took the cover off and cleaned the cover inside and out, cleaned o-rings and wiped it all out nice and clean put it all back together and let it idle for 2-3 more mins and still leaking.

my stock bolt (allen head style) threads were junk back last year and i put a regular 10mm bolt in it that had washer and lock washer made to it and it had never leaked before..i ended up finding another allen head bolt that fit it and changed it and she is leak free so far i hope she stays that way:D