PDA

View Full Version : Options for Rebuilt engine for Suzuki LT80

ShortBusRider
01-03-2003, 09:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone might know if I have any options about what kind of rebuilt engine would fit my kid's 1987 LT80, or if I need to find that exact one. I am looking at either replacing or rebuilding the one that's on there now, plus it needs a starter, battery, brake cables. So, if I should just rebuild, any suggestions where I should look for parts? This ATV is quickly becoming the "money pit," so, if it's just going to be really costly, I might consider just selling it for parts and buying another one about the same size that actually runs if in the coastal GA/SC area, so please let me know if you have something like this for sale....I'd probably have to stick with an older one, but want it ready to ride. Thanks.

bsb64
01-04-2003, 09:26 AM
There is a guy on many other threads who goes by the name of LT80. He claims that for $400 he can modify an LT80 to go twice as fast as stock. He bores the motor, and does clutch mods. His daughter is a national champion TT racer. You can find him on ATV time or ATV connection. I'm considering having him do my kid's 80.