PDA

View Full Version : 5-25-09 Qc

OutlawBill
05-26-2009, 08:29 AM
The new track at Glen Helen is a one ruff track. I could only stay for half a day (on call) I saw 3 crashed that sent racer to the hospital and 5 that just broke quads

RCRGIRL
05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
One of those that were injured was Josh Frederick!!! From what I hear he broke his tib/fib (both lower leg bones).

I wish him a speedy recovery!!!

OutlawBill
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by RCRGIRL
One of those that were injured was Josh Frederick!!! From what I hear he broke his tib/fib (both lower leg bones).

I wish him a speedy recovery!!! I got the end of that crash but will not post. It was on the down hill side of Yamaha hill that has Double jump 3/4 of the way down with a 180 turn few yard form the bottom.

OutlawBill
05-27-2009, 06:27 AM
this is the hill I am talking about

RCRGIRL
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
hmmm. Trying to picture that! I've raced Glen Helen several times. Is the track going in reverse there?

We'll be there in September for WORCS, do you know what happened so I can try and avoid it??

RCRGIRL
05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I haven't heard anything more on Josh. I hope he's doing well! He really is a great guy and his family is really nice too!!

I know it's not likely but if he could get a speedy recovery he could maybe make the last two races and maybe even the last three?? I was rooting for him to get 6 WORCS championships in a row!! JOsh is an animal so there's no telling!

I've never broken my leg so not sure on how long it takes. My wrist took awhile but they're typically a 2 month deal.

OutlawBill
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
The new course is run in reverse. The ITP track cut fro turn 14 to turn 22. Josh crashed at turn 25 coming down Yamaha Hill. A very tuff double even the MX pros where singling it Saturday at the AMA MX. Looked like Josh hit flat on the up slope and got bounced over the bar and after everything stopped moving his quad landed on top of him. Hope he gets better soon.

ACEwrench
05-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Nic Granlund was also hurt during the race...(#4 quad in the first pic)...i wasnt given exact details, but i was told his quad died in the air while jumping. Nic sent me a pic of his thigh....18ins worth of stiches.

johng
05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I talked to Josh on Thursday, He had just got out of the hospital. He broke 6 ribs, Punctured lung and they had to put a rod in his leg. Hope he heels fast!

GWTT
06-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Donna, when WORCS goes to Glen Helen, i think we will see more tires loggs and rocks. it will go more in the hills. At Glen helen, you can not rest. its very demanding of a rider and if you make one mistake, it will get you. I know. I wrecked pretty hard to where I had the quad land on my back. I had enough adrenaline to make it to my truck. they drove home in considerable amount of pain then to the hospital. I hope Josh and Nic are resting easy. it sucks to be side lined.