PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket Alignment Problems - Help

WISH1965
05-26-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm having major alignment problems on my son's DRR (2007). Has a 70cc motor and the alignment is such that I believe it just cost me a case/tranny gears due to undue added stress on it? I was hoping for some unusual things that other individuals may have found over time. Your thoughts & inquiries are greatly appreciated. Here are the variables:

I have a square tube stock swing arm - appears straight, but I may swap it out just to be 100% & eliminate that possibility. It appears the motor mts are okay? For some reason it seems like the motor needs to be shifted to the left (viewed from rider position - on top) to square the front sprocket to the rear sprocket. Visualy the misalignment is obvious. Any other possibilities????? Need to get this solved ASAP.

Much Thanks.

Wade

Nichols Atvs
05-26-2009, 07:58 AM
I have seen that the front motor mount spacers were put back in in correctly and bent the rear mounts and throwing the allinment off of the front sprocket. Make sure you have the rear procket hub put on the correct way that can also push it the wrong way The case saver sprocket I belive needs to be shorter make sure you are using the right width sprocket. just a few ideas.

WISH1965
05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks. No that wasn't it. I was told that these DRR's can have some real shoddy manufacturing stds. when the install of the tabs & brackets are concerned. Also, the misalignment may not have been the culprit for breaking internal gears. But rather other factors?

WW