PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket 250r frames

Tommy Warren
05-26-2009, 07:26 AM
I've been toying with the idea of building my own bike from a 250r frame or a 400ex frame. a local friend of mine just bought a houser250r frame with a 400ex and I love the looks of it. I checked houser's website and I can't find frames anywhere. do they still make them? where can I find one? are they any good? thanks for any info.

tommy

p.s heres a little pic of my buddies 250R hybrid.

250Renvy
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Houser no longer makes frames. They can still be found used. Most are pretty rare, but luckily there are a number of people parting some out and they should be able to be found.

I see your bud bought Sam's quad. That was a CRF450.

What type of motor do you plan to put in it?

There are all kinds of frames out there used - most places except LSR don't make new ones.

Laeger's - made YZ426 and CRF450 and 250X/350X hybrid frames

LSR - made YZ450 and CRF450 frames

Walsh - made YZ450/CRF450 and KTM525 frames. They will still build one for you but be prepared to fork over a lot of money.

Ebay and here are probably the best place to find hybrid frames.

PM me your contact info as I may have some of what you are looking for - we can discuss.

Tommy Warren
05-26-2009, 09:21 AM
who is sam? I live near ottawa ontario and I don't believe he bought the bike from the states. my bud says the bike has a 400ex motor in it but i may be wrong. anyways i'm looking just to build something similar to a 400ex with suspension mods so I can start trying freestyle(old 300ex would never handle it) I want to build it on a budget so i'm not doing anything crazy. I figure it would be cheaper to build from the ground up rather then buy a stocker strip it and build anyways. I think I might as well look for a used frame seem as i'm not racing or anything. Do these aftermarket frames come with titles? how would I license/insure one for the trails?

hondariderdylan
05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
i looked at LSR's website and since your doing it on a budget your going to have to find a used on off ebay or here

LSR will be glad to sell you one, with a certificate of origin too............for a base price of 2,300$:eek2:

i would just look for a used 450 if your not dead set on a 250R hybrid:ermm:

just my ideas