PDA

View Full Version : anyone have burgard +3 a-arms?

asalerno0703
05-25-2009, 09:46 PM
with a picture? id like to see what they look like. maybe even some comments on how you like them or anything you dont like. im thinking about buying them. thanks!

QuadJunkies
05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I do. Ive had them for quite awhile and they have been great!
http://www.pbase.com/image/60939118/large.jpg

RoadRage77
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Quadjunkies, thats a sharp bike !! must be nice to ride only sand lol.. I have plus 3 burgards also, And I like em . I just rolled my quad down a pretty bad hill. they held up fine expect for the balljoints. I just went to eastcoast atv and they had a replacement for 35 bucks. Ill try to post a pic if i can. Might be easier for u to PM your EM addy.

QuadJunkies
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by RoadRage77
Quadjunkies, thats a sharp bike !! must be nice to ride only sand lol.. I have plus 3 burgards also, And I like em . I just rolled my quad down a pretty bad hill. they held up fine expect for the balljoints. I just went to eastcoast atv and they had a replacement for 35 bucks. Ill try to post a pic if i can. Might be easier for u to PM your EM addy.
Thanks! I havent got any recent photos, other than that the plastic is abit duller as that was a couple years ago, it looks alot the same.
Oh, I didnt only ride sand... I raced MX and FT for a few years,thats why I got +3's ;)
Only one big sand trip per year back then, now I never get the time to go because my kids race now and not enough time.

I too snapped the balljoint, but ony after rolling it down an uphill sweeper pulling a wheelie. :o LOL
Just resize your photo with irfanview and you can post it here.

tntkuna@msn.com

I did find a couple shots of my ole man given it a test for me
http://www.pbase.com/image/89459208/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/89474511.jpg

asalerno0703
05-27-2009, 06:34 AM
damn..thanks for the pics! the reason i wanted to see them is because i wanted to see how wide it actually makes it. i do a lot of trail riding cuz theres so much of it in my town, but my style of riding is mx, so i would like something that is inbetween and good for it all. do you guys think the +2's are the better way to go?

QuadJunkies
05-27-2009, 06:54 AM
I personally didnt care for the +2,I didnt feel they gave enough width.
If you do go with the +3's then you will want to go with a 4-1 offset wheel to stay at or under 50 inches and to reduce some of the bump steer.My quad goes on trails alot now ,depending on how wide the trails are you ride you should be fine .

asalerno0703
05-27-2009, 01:02 PM
here's my problem lol. i just bought all new itp baja t9's all around. i didnt get to choose an offset, i had to look at a chart to get the ones made for my quad. when i put them on, the ends of the rear tires are wider than the tires in the front. if the wheels are straight and you look from the back on each side, there is about an inch to an inch and a half difference between the width of the front and the back. so, i wanted to get aarms for the front to even out the width of the quad. so i dont know if +2 will be just right, or not wide enough, or if +3 will be just right, or too wide. and i refuse to use wheel spacers they are garbage haha.

QuadJunkies
05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
What axle are U running?

Speedy 400ex
05-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by asalerno0703
here's my problem lol. i just bought all new itp baja t9's all around. i didnt get to choose an offset, i had to look at a chart to get the ones made for my quad. when i put them on, the ends of the rear tires are wider than the tires in the front. if the wheels are straight and you look from the back on each side, there is about an inch to an inch and a half difference between the width of the front and the back. so, i wanted to get aarms for the front to even out the width of the quad. so i dont know if +2 will be just right, or not wide enough, or if +3 will be just right, or too wide. and i refuse to use wheel spacers they are garbage haha.

Im doing the same thing. I had to get aftermarket rear tires and wheels because they bike didn't come with them. And after measuring i got the like 4 or so inches wider in the rear (on each side) then the front , and im running a stock axle. So i got +2s to even them up. I'm still waiting on them to see how even.

asalerno0703
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
its a stock axle. i think +2s should be good right? that means that each side has an extra inch?

Flynbryan19
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
+2" a-arms are +2" PER SIDE. You end up 4" wider than stock. Its the same logic for +1" and +3" arms.

Speedy 400ex
05-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Ya that's what i think i came up with. Ill have to measure it again...oh wait my front end is in peaces. :rolleyes: I Should be getting my new arms in later this week. :devil: Measure your front and rear end and ad 4 inch's to the front measurement and you should get your answer.

asalerno0703
05-28-2009, 06:19 AM
wow. i never knew that. i always thought that when it says +2 or +3 or whatever that is how much wider it will be total. but thanks! i will do that. +2s are good for me, any more than that would be a little to intense. thanks again you guys!:D