PDA

View Full Version : Funny how you change your mind so much........

trx400EXtreme
05-25-2009, 07:41 PM
here lately ive been through alot of different phases. first i wanted to get out of the sport, well one ride changed my mind, next i want to get a bike, once again, one ride changed my mind. so with my quad being blown up and what not i had to get it fixed no matter what. long story short my 440 kit came in the mail today.:) should be getting it re-sleeved sometime this week and i'll put it together this weekend hopefully!

SRH
05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
ahh nothing wrong with changing your mind, many a night ive involved good old pappy in some of my decision making process:p , im always happy with how things come out in the end, so i think theres nothing wrong with changing your mind, at least you look at all possibilities

trx400EXtreme
05-25-2009, 09:23 PM
very true. gotta give everything a chance i guess lol.

Pipeless416
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
good thing.. you have a nice quad :p

05-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I wanted to drop some cash into suspension for my quad now that changed into dropping cash into more suspension stuff for my car. I wanted to make my quad faster well guess what now its going for a faster car lol Of course the going faster mods for a quad are much cheaper but handling in a car even $500 struts with $300 springs handles pretty darn amazing. I guess once you have something that you can do so much with well you try and do it. Before my car was a automatic sedan worth putting nice wheels on it but not making it handle or go fast. Then I bought a coupe with a 5 speed which is what I wanted and it opened the door to other things. Hmm worth doing a motor swap? getting a turbo? making it handle likes its on rails? pretty much yeah. So I hate to say it but I have broken away from the quadaholic and i'm more into cars. Deffinately not selling the quad but it could get me a pretty bad arse motor or turbo setup with the cash

bad450r08
05-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I change my mind all the time one second i will want a pitbike and the next i will be talking about a new exhaust. I can never make my mind up.

hondariderdylan
05-26-2009, 06:30 AM
i will jump on this bandwagon also

i have been debating all spring about rather to put my cash into my bronco or sell my quad,old go cart, and put my other money into it for a 450R

decisions, decisions:rolleyes:

Ruby Soho
05-26-2009, 07:29 AM
order some hd studs before you finish it man.. trust me

JJs450r
05-26-2009, 07:49 AM
ya i went through the same thing haha, first i wanted to sell my first quad to buy a buy, and i couldnt sell it so i parted it out to put a down payment, and then that wasnt enough so i rebuilt it, then trade it for a yfz, and then traded the yfz for a street bike haha then bought another quad :) haha

right now my foots broke so i wanna get a boat my mom calls it wishy washy

Quad18star
05-26-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't change my mind ... well sometimes I do .... OK I always do. :p

It's part of the process .... I'll look at something 100 times and compare it to something different , then compare prices 100 times over .... then finally make my decision , which is usually my first choice to begin with.

Right now I'm trying to figure out which kind of fishing boat to buy .... do I buy one with a full windshield , a side console or a tiller?

Full windshield is nice when going down the lake or when it's colder, but you lose some space.

Side console is sporty, but colder on those windy days

Tiller, well they're plain and simple , lots of room but suck on the cold days.

I'm sooooo confuzled . LOL :huh

extremeblastr
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
what size boat are you buying? if your going into the mid 20ft range stick with the full windshield, we've had both a side console and a full windshield and we bring just as many guys out on the water now as we did with the side console

Quad18star
05-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
what size boat are you buying? if your going into the mid 20ft range stick with the full windshield, we've had both a side console and a full windshield and we bring just as many guys out on the water now as we did with the side console

Nah not a 20 footer ... looking for either a 16 or 17 footer. I'm not fishing any BIG waters.

ricksmx865
05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I can relate.

I first started on bikes... then yrs later I bought my quad, here recently I thought about selling it to get another bike..

well I cracked the head on the 450 so I had to replace it, since it was apart I went ahead and changed cam, valves, piston, port and polish and Now I wanna keep it for a long long time hahah :devil:

416exfreak
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
order some hd studs before you finish it man.. trust me

X2...

I made that mistake.

GT Thunder sells them. They arent to much, but pretty much required unless you LOVE replacing head gaskets..:ermm:

I've finally made my mind up. Lol. Im selling my 440, putting the money into my '86 250R, and building a 331 for the F100.

Its gonna be an eventful summer:devil:

trx400EXtreme
05-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
good thing.. you have a nice quad :p thank ya sir. lol:)

05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
GT Thunder sells them. They arent to much, but pretty much required unless you LOVE replacing head gaskets..:ermm:

Its so funny how much they charge for them I litterally laughed out loud because the price I could get them for would shut out any company selling head studs. They are making quite the profit on those. I cant remember the size and pitch but if someone can find that out again for me i'll show you how much your over paying. Actually for everything out there the markup is really high. Want to know how much it cost to make a top dollar shock? about $75 a shock. ah i'm just waiting for a new line of products to try out before it hits the market :bandit:

krt400ex
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
hmm, im gonna go back years now. first i was into bikes, then i rode my cousins quad and dumped the bikes.... bought a 300ex. out grew that and wanted a 450r, but coudnt afford one. so went wit the 400ex instead. was gonna do a 416 wit oversized valves, port and polish, cam, lightened crank...everything. then i decided to sell it instead cuz i rode a cr125 that i saw for sale and fell in love. then the bike sold but i still decided to sell the quad. then i decided to keep the quad and go wit my big bore plans again. then my buddy gave me one hell of a deal on a kx125 and im back into bikes. finally sold the quad to fix the bike after the engine blew. now i want an s2k and im not sure what im gonna do or if i should sell the truck to get one lol.

SOME ADVICE:

DONT DRIVE SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU WILL END UP WANTING IF YOU DRIVE IT lol. i have a tendency of doing that and since i went and drove an s2k im dying for one :rolleyes: stupid me haha

Pipeless416
05-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Its so funny how much they charge for them I litterally laughed out loud because the price I could get them for would shut out any company selling head studs. They are making quite the profit on those. I cant remember the size and pitch but if someone can find that out again for me i'll show you how much your over paying. Actually for everything out there the markup is really high. Want to know how much it cost to make a top dollar shock? about $75 a shock. ah i'm just waiting for a new line of products to try out before it hits the market :bandit:

yes, the materials are cheap for the studs, but try getting the equipment you need to form the threads. $75 is a steal.

Kickstarts-suck
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Yep I saved $2000 to spend on stereo stuff for my truck and now its going to a supercharger.. :devil:

05-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
SOME ADVICE:

DONT DRIVE SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU WILL END UP WANTING IF YOU DRIVE IT lol. i have a tendency of doing that and since i went and drove an s2k im dying for one :rolleyes: stupid me haha

That was said to be the best car for the money. You have RWD 240HP 4 cylinder with the option to put even a 2JZ or build up the Honda motor and the handling is amazing. Sad to see this is the last year of their production. Honda said sales just declined and they dont see people looking for sports cars anymore. Luckily the NSX and CTR are coming out next year and are going to be sold in the US. I cant afford either. Drive anything boosted and you will be hooked too.

krt400ex
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
That was said to be the best car for the money. You have RWD 240HP 4 cylinder with the option to put even a 2JZ or build up the Honda motor and the handling is amazing. Sad to see this is the last year of their production. Honda said sales just declined and they dont see people looking for sports cars anymore. Luckily the NSX and CTR are coming out next year and are going to be sold in the US. I cant afford either. Drive anything boosted and you will be hooked too.

it handles like it is on rails. its like a go cart its so responsive. and the engine revs so fast that those 240hp feel like alot more. i love the car lol