PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a pic of a case saver installed?

rinaldi
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I just picked one up on Ebay and not sure where the heck it mounts? I am sure it is simple, but trying to look at my quad to see where it will mount. I know this is a dumb thing to ask, but hey I am new to quads. Where the heck does the thing go?

exrider12
05-25-2009, 05:46 PM
It goes around your front sprocket to protect the cases in case the chain pops off.

rinaldi
05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
/ Where the stock plastic heel guard is? The part the looks like a sportbikes heel guard?

hypersnyper6947
05-26-2009, 12:37 AM
no not where the heal guard is at all,

i will try to get some pics of mine, but it goes around the front sproket, mainly in front of it between your engine case and the chain.

Snipe
05-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Alright its pretty simple, you see the chain and the the front sprocket?

There is a plastic piece covering the front sprocket remove that plastic piece off ther front sprocket. Then there is a metal piece behind it that metal piece is the case saver. It bolts on through the same holes as the plastic piece you removed.

Its there so if your chain breaks it hits that instead of whipping into the motor (case) and busting a hole in it.

05-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Snipe
[B]There is a plastic piece covering the front sprocket remove that plastic piece off ther front sprocket. Then there is a metal piece behind it that metal piece is the case saver. It bolts on through the same holes as the plastic piece you removed. [B]

the 08's are plastic? lol

05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
the 08's are plastic? lol

My 05 appears to be either plastic or aluminum. not too sure

Snipe
05-26-2009, 02:06 PM
The chain guard is plastic yes the case saver looks to be aluminum.

riles88g
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
just dont get a nacs. my buddie was ridn around and his chain broke and even with the case saver it cracked his case in half. i guess it all depends on how fast your going and at what rpms your motor is running at when the chain goes.