PDA

View Full Version : I got hit on my quad today buy a truck going 55-60!

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 08:55 PM
i was ditch ridin with my friend today, and one of my tires had a leak and was low and the other tire had air in it so it pulled badly to one side, well he ran out of gas so we had to go back, i went to turn around in the ditch, and my tire caught the edge of the pavment and it pulled me onto the road with the pullin from my tire and hittin the pavment, and it pulled me on and i got hit buy a truck going 55-60, i went flyin and rolled into a corn field, my quad the frame bent totaly to the side about 5 inches , from were the air box begins and back, the cop gave me 3 tickets, and might take my licese away till im 18, i have to go to court, and now i had a fu-ked up frame and im still payin for my 300ex, so i dont no whut to do any suggestions will be reallllly apreciated since im still payin for my quad but its crap, well the frame is, it still runs some whut but the battry broke, but some times it runs and it works expect the frame is all bent, but frames are alot of money , and i dont no whut to do since im still payin for this thing, ill post pictures soon their on my friends computer and hes gone right now ill get them up soon..:(

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 08:59 PM
the police said that i was lucky to be alive and to thank the guy above :macho im lucky as **** but now i got lots of **** to fix and no money

JOEX
01-03-2003, 09:01 PM
I suggest finding another hobby...You're very lucky you didn't get hurt or killed...Good luck...

Joe

01-03-2003, 09:02 PM
i wish u the best of luck

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 09:13 PM
i cant i love ridin i did it every day, im addicted to it, theirs nothing like fourwheeling, its the best

AtvMxRider
01-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Get a new frame. check ebay for one.

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 09:24 PM
i did it was really crapy and it was bent on their, they said so that wont hlp if someone finds one plz tell me thanks

stocktires
01-03-2003, 09:27 PM
check around, especially ebay, you can get a frame for around 250-400. Make sure and get a nice one (and reinforcing it would be a good idea!).
If yours isnt too too bad, you could try and straighten it.
You should work your Arse off to get extra $$$ to buy the frame, do small jobs and anything possible for $, the addiction will help out and will make it worthwhile (which it is).
Good luck dude!
ps, do you have any injuries what so ever??? Dam your lucky!

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 09:29 PM
im just reallly really sore and my leg hurts but its nothing bad just give it a few days and it will be fine, i had my helmet on :) cause im smart, trust me wear your mutha facko helmets no matter whut or you will die, im so lucky , im puttin pics on when i get them from my friend

Steven
01-03-2003, 09:32 PM
glad you are ok, thats the important thing. it could have been worse, i'm sure you know that. just keep makeing those payments and when you get the $, get a new frame. anything is fixable with time.

check servicehonda.com or the back of atv magazines for used parts listings for your frame.

Steve

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 09:48 PM
thanks, should i get a stock frame or a diff brand

02 Red Rider
01-03-2003, 09:53 PM
I agree with the others. Turn you tradgedy into your opportunity, save up and bring her back to life better than ever! My younger bro-in-law crashed a friend of his quad into a tree a few years ago, he ended up finding a little local shop that let him do s**t work in exchange for the repairs. You may or may not be able to create a similar situation in your area.

Just a suggestion.
Good Luck,
Jason

Team Outlaw #34
01-03-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 300exjuggalo
i did it was really crapy and it was bent on their, they said so that wont hlp if someone finds one plz tell me thanks

was it the one with buy it now for 100$?

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 10:12 PM
im not sure, and i dont feel like lookin again i think it was , sounds familar:huh

300EXrider02
01-03-2003, 10:29 PM
THAT REALLY SUCKS! and how the **** did u not get hurt?? damn your lucky....best of luck for ya man, but do what others said, make the situation better than it was before, get a real nice fram, after market or not and like powdercoat it or something, then rebuild the quad and replace anything ****ty, just get the $ and your set, good luck

300exjuggalo
01-03-2003, 10:31 PM
i dont freakin no but the cop said that im lucky to be alive and that i should thank the guy above , and i do hurt some whut but not bad, i got a bad headace, where do i get a frame besides ebay, im a get the pics from my friend but hes at his dads till monday ill put them on them , trust me its cool pics, but sucks too:huh

osrider
01-03-2003, 11:16 PM
:( thats sucks man. is it your subframe or the whole thing bent? check around for salvage yards or something. you can find good deals. good luck, hope ya can keep riding.

TORO1968
01-03-2003, 11:34 PM
A brand new stock 300ex frame is $890.10 from Service Honda. I can't believe that a 300ex frame is more expensive than the 400ex frame and subframe combined :eek:

Good luck man, and be thankful you didn't get seriously injured.

-Later

Jordan

ny300exrider
01-04-2003, 08:10 AM
good luck man, you will probly come across a frame for a reasonable price...maybe dead kennidies will sell ya his roll design frame:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o jk

joeroadking
01-04-2003, 08:22 AM
suggestion hmm...... SAY A PRAYER AND THANK GOD FOR SAVING YOU LIFE! you are luckey to be alive!:D buy a frame on ebay they are short money every day,

nakomis0
01-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Ya you are lucky, I got hit by a truck at about the same speed. I got a bent frame, bent a-arm, cracked plastic, and a broken leg w/ a rod put in it.:D

Like the other guys said check ebay and the Classified section on exriders. I wouldn't pay more than $325.

nj300exr
01-04-2003, 01:57 PM
sry to hear about the accident, check east coast atv in penn. they usually have a frame for a 300 here is the site eastcoastatv.com
i think thats it... good luck

KrazyKid300ex
01-04-2003, 02:20 PM
hey sorry man. damn get that honda fixed ASAP. don't want anyone to rag on your honda. if they do kill them! not to get off topic but i remember me and my dad on his polaris when we had one, and we were going up this huge *** hill. there was like a step up and i stoped. bad thing to do! hit the gas and the thing flips and i roll away to the right and look back and see the quad rolling over my father. scary thought on what could of happened. not much do to the PO PO. those things are strong. oooppss i got way off topic

DaveEX7
01-04-2003, 02:41 PM
ur really lucky man...... u coulda been a road pizza

if u wanna new frame go to planethonda.com

they are really cheap (price wize), and they have full bore or stock frames

3traxrider320
01-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Ive crashed on the road before because of completely bald tires, i know that it was stupid, only because i was going to fast for a turn and went off the road and broke my collar bone... I rode home and went to the hospital to avoid any contact with others, but i know how it is to do something so stupid and wish you could go back and change it.......Good luck!:(

SuperEX
01-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Glad you're ok. By any chance did you have any insurance on it?

QuadTrix6
01-05-2003, 03:55 PM
:eek:

YZROOSTINYA
01-06-2003, 06:31 AM
i got hit by a f350 extended cab long bed yesterday when i was standing with my helmet on

didn't hear him. he was prob doing about 10mph.

i had my back turned towards him so i couldn't see him coming, he was reversing and his quad was in the back, i was a foot away from being run over, the impact knocked the air out of my lungs and dislocated my shoulder again.

i put it back in and went riding for about 3 hours,

i hate when this ish happens and i feel for ya

NTPRacing#19
01-06-2003, 08:13 AM
hey man heres a fun and easy way to get cash quick. become a man whore lol . ya know a juggalo

stocktires
01-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
hey man heres a fun and easy way to get cash quick. become a man whore lol . ya know a juggalo

We'll, that would be the prefered way, but in all seriousness start detail cleaning cars. Thats what I do on the weekends as a second job. I can do a truck/car in about 6-8 hrs and get $55-65 for one car (thats actually kinda cheap for one hellava cleaning!).
Start-up is about $80 worth of materials, but do 2 cars (one weekend) and your set!