PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory Of My Friend Matt Bartosek.

breaks-alot
01-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Today Matt was battling against Jeremiah Jones when he ran up his tire and flipped with his foot was caught in his nerf bar.
Matt was one of my best friends. I loved him more then a friend, he was just like a brother to me. I would appreciate it if everyone prayed for Matt and his family. His Mom Debbie is one of the nicest people I have ever met and for this to happened to her is extremely tragic. Everyone who knew Matt will be deeply hurt from this. He was the biggest influence I have ever had in my life and was truly my hero. If you knew him you knew how great of a person he is. Also I know that Matt would be mad at me for crying over him but would rather everyone remember him as being as fast as he was at the age of 19. I know in my heart that he would be one of the fastest to ever live. So if you didn't know Matt personally I know how much he would like it if everyone knew his achievements. He LIVED racing and I will always miss him.

I will always love you man, I just wish you knew what you meant to me.

I hope you’re in a better place.

Ben Gunter

01-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Sad story man. Wish didnt have to hear it ill keep them in prayers.

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 08:10 PM
man i dont even know what to say other than im sorry and i will defintily keep him in my prayers
killed

toby400ex
01-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Im not good at talkin about stuff like this, but all i can say is thats tragic and im sorry for anyone who ever new him or ever wanted too. This is especially scary for me, right now i am trying to get into racing more and more and now i realize the risks we take to make all our lives a little more worth while.:(

01-03-2003, 10:00 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

roostin_dale
01-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I hate hearing about this stuff. I feel awful and it scares the he|| outta me! I am speechless when i hear these things. I bet Jerimiah feels awful even though it wasnt his fault!

Juggalo
01-03-2003, 11:46 PM
i heard about this in another forum and its so tragic. my prayers and thoughts go out to his family. breaksalot i know howit feels to lose a friend that you love more than just a friend.it sucks a lot. gotta be stong man.

user101
01-03-2003, 11:59 PM
:(

airheadedduner
01-04-2003, 12:11 AM
We all know the risk every time we put on a helmet. We accept that it is just a fact that we could be seriously hurt or killed. We know its dangerous but we don't care cause riding is what we love. It is a shame that such a talented rider and all round great person like him was lost and lots of people will miss him.:( Lots of luck to his family.

Chef
01-04-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm feelin some chills man...serious chills. I will say a prayer for him, even though I usually dont say prayers. I think about things like this everytime I strap my helmet on to go 70 miles an hour on clay. :( :mad:

OutlawEX
01-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Ya man im sorry to hear...It's hard loosing a pet sometimes but loosing a friend should never come accross

Razorback
01-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Very sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

QuadRacer041
01-04-2003, 09:58 AM
sorry to here such sad news especially about someone who is so into the same sport we all are.
im sure he will be missed greatly

Ryan
01-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Im sorry for him and for you of being his best friend. I prayers to his family now. This is a very stragic loss. Im glad that he is gone from doing something he loved.:(

mxdave28
01-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Yes i too was there, in fact we were sitting on the line waiting to race next....Matt also was a friend of mine and all i have to say is that he will be missed alot by all. Matt was a rookie Pro last year and finished in the top 10, not bad for a first year rookie and after watching Matt in my opinion...laying the smack down on J.Jones, i believe deep down that he would have ended up in the top 5 this season for sure. Matt was on fire and was looking smooth from my angle.

Matt we will miss you deeply and hope that you and Cody are together tearing up the track in the big sky buddy!!! Peace

jcv400ex
01-06-2003, 08:26 AM
I still can't believe this...when I first found out, I was sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family...Matt was a wonderful guy and a great racer.

breaks-alot
01-07-2003, 02:19 PM
I would appreciate it if everyone would find the time to go here.
http://********.com/this-just-in/matt-bartosek-passes-on-1-3-03.htm

Also I would like for people to read the nice things people have to say about him on this other post of mine.
http://********.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1566

Thanks for all your support,
I'm going to try and get a copy of these posts to Matt's Mom and other family members. I think she will be glad to know how much of an impact that her son had in such a short life time.

Ben Gunter

B@ckBoneBelgium
01-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Man , I am deeply sorry to hear any tragic accidents like this and I want to give my condolences as the vice-president of the whole Belgium ATV Racing community .

I made some huge crashes , seen huge craches , broke some bones and saw some people in the hospital ....but this is truly sad when people loosing there lives in a crash ...and that at the age of 19 ....

Could you please , give condolences to the family and this from myself and the belgium atv racing community ...

I really feel like **** , after reading this ...

tnx

Kenny

duneriper
01-09-2003, 03:11 PM

QuadTrix6
01-12-2003, 04:23 PM
our prayers go out to him and his family :(

tants
01-12-2003, 04:27 PM
did anyone go out to the funeral or wake?

Live2Ride300
01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
My deepest condolences to go to him and his family. This is so sad to hear. Why do things like this happen? We all wonder why stuff happens in life, life is very confusing. Doing what we love so much can be very dangerous, but we still take the risk, because we love to ride, and there is nothing like it. My prayers go out to matt and his family.

mxdave28
01-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Tants
did anyone go out to the funeral or wake?

Yes, i went on thrusday during that wicked snow storm whoooa doggy.......It was beautifull, they pretty much had the entire funeral home and everywhere ya looked there were pictures and trophies....in the main room they had one of his quads sitting there all decked out. it was really nice and there were alot of peeps/racers there from all over the states there throughout the 3 days. Matt we'll miss you dearly here and we know you will be with us this season and in the future as we tackle another saeson of racing peace Bro!

rookiex
01-14-2003, 04:09 PM
I HATE to hear this....I dunno why...it just really buggs me and it has all day at school...and his name passed in my mind when I was riding...I dunno its just been on my mind...I don't even know the guy...it just makes me sad...As soon as I thought about it today when I was riding on my track...I stopped and said a pryer...for him and people who love him...And then it reminded me to say one for myself to be safe...I think everytime I ride now Ill never forget what I did today....it was just diffrent...

exrider360
01-14-2003, 04:15 PM
sorry to hear that thats the worst thing that can happen.

renegade_400ex
01-14-2003, 09:51 PM
at least he passed away living out his dream. he must have been very happy to be there battling jones in the sport that was him. peace man

lil400exman
01-15-2003, 09:57 AM
i am sorry to hear that i dont know about jerimah jones he is ro cocky for me i met him once and he was a butt to me...................i am so sorry for him but like everyone else said he died bu he knew the risk but think of all the accidents on kids onquads we dont hear about we all need to rember safety so we dont get quads shutdown and our trails too and your life cause we all live on this earth once...................................

Moded86R
02-26-2003, 02:44 AM
I just read what happened.And this is horrible.I lost my dad.Just 2 short months ago.So I know how losing a loved one can be.My best freind and I are very close.(he is sleeping in my room right now)And I couldn't imagine life without him.I know you will find a way.It takes time.Like I said it has been two months since my dad died and I cried about it twice yesterday.

I love riding it is what I do.The only thing god blessed me with the ability to do decently.Yet it can can be taken away from me and take me.Kinda of odd.(wish I was good at playstation lol)

Losing someone is the worst thing that can honestly happen.It brings more questions than answers and can drive people out of there mind.

Please man stay strong and I will put you and his family in my prayers.If you ever need to talk PM or e-mail me at Sc86350camaro@cs.com

Peace

BaD_250ex
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
I am sorry for the loss of Matt. I didnt know him, but it sounds to me he was a great person and a even greater rider. It scares me to know of what can happen to a person racing. It kinda makes you want to go out and be the best racer you can be just for Matt. Give my love to his family and friends. Hopfully Matt is in that big Moto track in the sky, racing on to better days, watching over all of us every time we strap on a helmet. I also lost my father just recently and it hurts so bad just to think about it, I have a couple of best friends i couldnt imagin life without. pull through man, you can do it.

With Love, Caleb

03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
i saw a in loving memory on the end of 54321 with a pic of him, its sad:(