PDA

View Full Version : any one here a dentist

400exrider69
05-24-2009, 09:02 PM
well i'm thinking i really need braces i want my teeth to be straight i'm 15 till November and never need braces till now it really seems like i need a couple teeth go back

like how much would it cost with no dental insurance :mad:

what about the alternative to braces some invisaline thing i heard it cost like 5 g is it worth it
i just don't really want regular braces
what's the input

Aceman
05-24-2009, 09:05 PM
*orthodontist*

Pappy
05-24-2009, 09:09 PM
$50 bucks I will fix your teeth:o

Invisiline is what everone around here recommends

SRH
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider69
well i'm thinking i really need braces i want my teeth to be straight i'm 15 till November and never need braces till now it really seems like i need a couple teeth go back

like how much would it cost with no dental insurance :mad:

what about the alternative to braces some invisaline thing i heard it cost like 5 g is it worth it
i just don't really want regular braces
what's the input

reg braces 4-5k worst case scenario

invisiline works even when u get braces u use those clear retainers sometimes, they work for sure but its painful

ZeroLogic
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Hell, I'll do it for free!:devil:

Quad18star
05-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Hell, I'll do it for free!:devil:

You guys are ripping him off .... I'll pay him $50 to do it. :macho

NacsMXer
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by SRH
reg braces 4-5k worst case scenario

invisiline works even when u get braces u use those clear retainers sometimes, they work for sure but its painful

Braces are painful in general until you get used to them.

05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Invisaline only works to a certain extent. It isnt the best solution. Braces suck and hurt for sure but they work. I had a retainer and well they tell you to wear it every night for the rest of your life? get the hell out of here, I tried to do that but obviously i'm not taking it with me everywhere I am going because of the chance I might be staying the night or a few nights. I would forget to wear it for a few nights tried to put it back in and I would wake up in the middle of the night because it hurt so bad so I would have to take it out and for the next 2 days my mouth would hurt because of a few nights not having it in. Went through that several times which might have just been the worst pain ever. Just said forget it I cant do this the rest of my life and the braces were a cosmetic thing anyways my teeth were almost perfect but my parents said while we have insurance lets just do it so you can have perfect teeth. I had less than a 10% overbite which they tell you you dont need braces when your teeth are already good but my parents insisted on it. w/e and wow looking back thats crazy how many years ago that was when i was still in high school and just a freshman

nakomis0
05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
If its a crowding problem, they may just pull a tooth or 2 to give it some room. Thats what they did for my kid.

k4f5x0r
05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
braces suck. that pretty much sums it out. my mouth was slightly crowded so first i had a palet expander to widen my mouth to make room(that was the worst part) then i got braces for about a year and a half and now its just the retainer.

braces really arent bad. at first they hurt like a *****. but you get used to them and life goes on. retainers are annoying but if you want your teeth to stay pretty lookin then youd better wear it. I get 2 nights off a week which means i dont have to wear it 2 nights. even after one night of not wearing it and i put it in the next night you do know that your teeth have shifted. I have to wear mine till 18 atleast or until they stay where they are and cement in place(not litterally :p )

braces are worth it IMO. but it depends on your age. i got mine at like 12 so it wasnt bad because everybody had them. and i got mine off in 8th grade and now my teeth are perfect in highschool.

450r ride red
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
when i got my brace for the first week i could even chew bread cause my teeth were so soar but u get used to it

Quad18star
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
My teeth were pretty much all f'ed up when I was a kid ... and I was in braces for about 4 years ( retainers, braces , blah blah) . It hurt a bit at the start and sore for a few days after every visit when they would tighten things up, but then the pain would go away. I'd recommend it for anyone that wants straight teeth for sure.

The problem I'm having right now, is my teeth are breaking ( I've got fillings on almost every tooth) .... so I'm going to make an appointment to see a dentist and talk to them about doing a denture implant on 3 of my broken teeth. Basically drill into the jaw bone, insert little screws and attach a tooth to it. From reading about it, the proceedure is a bit painfull, but it'll sure look better than a mouth full of broken teeth. :grr:

400exrider69
05-25-2009, 07:22 PM
i'm sure with that riding atv's if you crash or get headimpact it'll break bones in your jaw and you'll be in deep
i had one freind that broke his 4 front teeth out and he said he's afraid to ride as hard because if he was to crash he'd be screwed for sure

what has anyone heard about this invisaline deal
i like the idea of it alot more
i can remove it when i want like when i eat or when i go out with my gf

price is my main thing it'll probly be out of my pocket so it depends on price range

Quad18star
05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider69
i'm sure with that riding atv's if you crash or get headimpact it'll break bones in your jaw and you'll be in deep
i had one freind that broke his 4 front teeth out and he said he's afraid to ride as hard because if he was to crash he'd be screwed for sure

I don't race or ride like I used to . Now I have a 4x4 that I go maybe 50mph at certain times and that's about it. Leisure riding I think it's called. LOL

Johnny Minehan
05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

I have Invisalign..:ermm:

400exrider69
05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
how's it working for you

like i said i have 2 teeth on the bottem i'd like to be pulled in then one on the top and a slight over bite it's just enough it bother's me