PDA

View Full Version : re jetting required for reeds?

yamahahaha
05-24-2009, 09:01 PM
??

05-25-2009, 06:18 AM
You shouldn't have to. I guess it also depends on the reeds. Which ones are you buying?

yamahahaha
05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
v force, my bnshee has fmf sst and boost bottle, and k&n lid and intake and a dyno jet carb kit

05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Honestly, I don't think they make that big of a difference. I would just leave the jetting alone if it runs good.

loboboy
05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
If you are going from stock or FMF reeds to V-Force believe me when I say this. YOU WILL NEED TO REJET. I have had to actually lean out the jetting when changing to the V-Force. The V-Force are a superior set of reed cages to anything else on the market.

You will see a big difference in throttle response and power, after pipes the V-Force is the next best mod to do to a Banshee, plus the V-Force will feed any other mods you ever do to the motor.

So don't listen to others tell you that there is not a difference because there is.

05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
I have the boysen rad valves in mine, and it made the throttle response crisper but theres not a huge power difference if any.

yamahahaha
05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by loboboy
If you are going from stock or FMF reeds to V-Force believe me when I say this. YOU WILL NEED TO REJET. I have had to actually lean out the jetting when changing to the V-Force. The V-Force are a superior set of reed cages to anything else on the market.

You will see a big difference in throttle response and power, after pipes the V-Force is the next best mod to do to a Banshee, plus the V-Force will feed any other mods you ever do to the motor.

So don't listen to others tell you that there is not a difference because there is.

k, i will be getting v force reeds but the reeds will actually make the motor run richer?????? that would be great because i dont feel like re jetting if it doesnt lean it out lol

loboboy
05-28-2009, 02:47 PM
its possible but you still need to check your jetting no matter what.

Any time you change your intake or exhaust it is a good idea to spend some time checking to make sure your jetting is correct, period!!!