PDA

View Full Version : Front fenders and easy mods

shltz4
05-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I am the proud new owner of a used 09 monster edition. Its in show room floor condition and I got it for 5200 with nerfs, bumpers, and two sets of tires. I do have a few questions though. The front plastic doesn't seem very stable, especially with the fenders on it. It seems to me like i'm missing a bracket that the bottom of the fender bolts to to give it support. Just wanna know if I'm right? Also I am wondering about some modifications that were done to it by the previous owner. The silencer was taken out of the muffler, but does this really help besides make it sound better?

Thanks, Jake

MtnEX
05-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Yes, there is support running from the fenders that bolts on using the bolt that holds on the radiator shrouds.

I guess you mean he took out the spark arrestor?

If so, it will be very loud and poppy sounding. This is because the exhaust tip is built-in to the arrestor. So the loud poopy exhaust note is caused by the exhaust flow going into the expansion area behind the muffler end cap and popping off the edge of it's hole.

If you remove the end cap, it will hush up.

But unless the thing already has a fuel controller hooked into the EFI and set up for it, you might want to put the spark arrestor back in.

This EFI system does not have sensors to adjust itself for modifications to the intake or exhaust.