PDA

View Full Version : Help.....Twist Throttle Installation

JhallettEX
11-18-2001, 03:54 PM
Please help......I am installing a new twist throttle on my 400. I have taken the tank and the plastic off, I am to the point where I am to take the old throttle cabel off and install the new one. Do I need to take the Carb apart as if I was going to re-jet it? I think that I am going to have to so I can connect the new cable. I dont remember seeing anything when I rejetted that I would have to do inside the slide area. Let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Smoker
11-18-2001, 04:44 PM
All you need to do is take the two phillips head bolts off of the black side cover. You have to work around the white airbox snorkel, loosen it up and pull it out of the way. Remove the black panel on the carb and you'll see how the cable connects. Loosen the sinch nut for the cable on the carb and unscrew the cable (you'll need the throttle end of the cable off already). Take your finger and hold the throttle arm up and try to fish the end of the cable out of the pivot arm, using a screwdriver to hold the arm up helps sometimes. Essentially your just reversing the procedure to put it back together. Make sure before you put it back together to put the twist throttle on and see that it opens the carb pivot all the way. :p