PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help Help!!!!

v0lcom13sn0w
05-23-2009, 09:10 PM
ok so my 2002 400ex was running perfectly fine at my house in my garage at 300ft elevation... i took it to the dunes today and it started right up and rode for a hundred yards or till it got warm... bogged down and died.

here are my mods:

fmf powercore 4 slip on
k&n
dynojet kit 170mj and 42pj fuel screw 3.5 out clip on 3rd slot on needle.
choke removed
sparks timing key.

here is what i did back at my truck to check and see what was up...

checked for spark. have spark. replaced the plug with a brand new one. went down a few sizes in the main jet to a 155 kiehen jet. not a dynojet. drained the gas to see if it was flooded. tried to start it and it starts right up when the bike is cold then dies when the bike is warm. i dont know if my stator is working cause i didnt have my multimeter to check that. i couldnt clean my float bowl because i have a stripped screw on it and couldnt get it off. i am thinking the pilot jet might be clogged but it will idle until it gets warm then it dies. i do not get it. another thing is is that i took my bike to the dunes with the mods above a week ago WITHOUT the sparks timing key. it ran all day just perfectly fine. now that i have the sparks timing key in it seems to not run when im at the dunes. its weird though because all week as i was preparing for the dune trip my bike was running absolutly flawless even with the sparks timing key in.

if you have any ideas it'll be much appreciated.

thanks, michael