PDA

View Full Version : jetting questions on a stock 07 ER ?

jhtrx250r
05-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Hello there,

I have a quick question on how to get the best throttle response out of a stock 07 trx450er (jetting)

when I got my 05 I had the honda dealer install the power up HRC kit, it was OK but soon after that I dumped the stock exhaust for a LRD full system and a air box eliminator
It runs awsome and all I had to do was change the pilot from the HRC jetting

Know I bought my girlfriend a left over old stock 07 er and I rode the thing yesterday what a turd!

she wants to leave the stock exhaust on for sound reasons so I am kinda stuck there, but i put the open air box lid from my HRC kit on it.

Know my question is this the stock jetting is way lean on these quads from the factory to pass epa standards

anyone know what needle, pilot and main I can run on this thing to pic up ok throttle response with the stock pipe?

4ABURN
05-24-2009, 08:00 AM
I allways recomend putting a 45 pilot in there the stock needle worked for me (untill cam and full FMF). and a 160 main.that should richen it up. if you want more in the middle I put in a 06 CRF needle!!!

jhtrx250r
05-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks ,I will give that a try
did you move the clip on the needle any to richen it up?

4ABURN
05-24-2009, 07:14 PM
the stock needle will not move but if you mean the CRF needle its in the 4th position!!!:D