PDA

View Full Version : 08 90 l/c has a sporadic bog when cornering hard (sometimes!) Pls help

RapKor
05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
My sons 08 90 l/c has a slight hestitation/bog that happens sporadically, seems to only happen when he is cornering hard, lasts for a split second then goes away, almost like hitting the kill switch but the motor seems to revive itself almost instantly, I thought that he may be running low on fuel and it was sloshing in the tank but had almost 1/2 a tank. Anyone experince this? have any idea what it could be? Could it be fuel sloshing in the carb bowl? Ant ideas or help would be appreciated.

mcracer
05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Had a similar problem had the motor out when i hooked the fuel lines back up somehow i routed to where when turned to the right it pinched the fuel line. lost 2 races before i figured it out.

#135DAD
05-24-2009, 08:07 AM
We also had a similar problem on our 50 w/ 21mm OKO. It turn out the float was sticking not allowing the bowl to fill. This also only happened when cornering. A little adjustment with some needle nose pliers fixed it. Good luck

MXfun
05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
We have the a similar thing on our 07 50 ac. Ours is not only cornering, but even on the stand. We put a new plug in and rode at a practice track today. I did not notice the cut out but my son said it still did it away from me. I will investigate a little more.

RapKor
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
I am thinking it may be the float sticking like you suggested, I am goona change the fuel lines and filter just to be safe, how can you tell if it is the float? How do you correct the float sticking. I will probably clean the carb again anyway, but I would have thought that a good carb cleaning would stop the float from sticking. Thanks guys.

newblue
05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
check the key switch, I have had two different machines that would cut out like you describe. Turns out the key switches were bad.

RapKor
05-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the replies, there is no key switch, fuel lines are ok, still not sure anyone else experince this or have any ideas? Would like to have it fixed got a race coming up this weekend.Thanks again guys

JAG Motosports
05-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Another option....Rollers are either flat spotted or a little bit too heavy, so when the torque spring gets hot and softens up it is creating your bog. Just another possible cause:)

MXfun
05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
It was not our plug. The boy was right :rolleyes:

How can I check the key switch?

RapKor
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Checked the machine over tonight, changed fuel filter and checked clutch, seemed ok, did notice that the carb overflow tube was melted to the exhaust pipe it was completely melted shut replaced the overflow line, could it be the overflow causing the bowl to not beath properly? Any one have any other suggestions? Thanks