PDA

View Full Version : clutch pull TOO stiff

Sjorge450R
05-23-2009, 01:27 PM
what lever;s seem to be the best for reducing pull? My R is like squeezing coil spring.

I have an older ASV lever and the bushing is worn out so I know that is causing some of the resistance.

It seems like a lot of guys are running the MSR perch?

4ABURN
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
My stock ones pull easy???? is your cable and or clutch basket getting wore bad!!!!!!

WilRideAnything
05-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Contact ASV. Their customer service is great. They will probably rebuild it for free.

Sjorge450R
05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by WilRideAnything
Contact ASV. Their customer service is great. They will probably rebuild it for free.

yeah i am aware. I had the lever fixed once before. I just think that it is beyond the 3 years now.... They have a rebuikld kit listed for 10 bucks. I might just call and order one up.

03warriorrider
05-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I have an RTC lever and absolutely love it. It pulls like butter with two fingers (still a little hard with one finger but possible). I'd deffinately recomend the RTC however I'm not sure if you can buy them anymore. I got mine off ebay about a year ago from RTC but I haven't seen them on there anymore. If you look around maybe you can find one used.

Xowner
05-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 4ABURN
My stock ones pull easy???? is your cable and or clutch basket getting wore bad!!!!!!

i think this guy is on the right track

Sjorge450R
05-24-2009, 06:35 AM
i will check my basket but that would be weird for that to be worn out. I have the original clutch in there and it still has plenty of meat left on it....

DEERCHOOPER
05-24-2009, 06:52 AM
you could have tons of meat left. but what hes talking about is, where the clutch plate fingers go into the outer basket. them square tabs run against the basket might have worn a groove in the basket. pull a couple or all of you fibers/steels out and see if it has grooves where every clutch plate has beat into the basket.

Sjorge450R
05-24-2009, 06:56 AM
oh...... alright. I see where you guys are coming from. I still think its my lever bushing causing a lot of this but i am still going to check to see if there are grooves.

fastredrider44
05-24-2009, 12:23 PM
You could have toasted clutch plates and a grooved up basket and it won't make it any harder to pull. Take your cable off from the perch and down below and work in wd40 till its coming from the top and running out of the bottom and work the cable a bunch. Either that or just get a new cable. You race XC so I bet you have some dirt in the cable causing it to get stiff.

Sjorge450R
05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
the cable gets lubed after every pressure wash..... i am ordering that asv rebuild kit and a new clutch cable. might as well get a new throttle cable too!!!