PDA

View Full Version : heard about pro armorrr?

JR3
05-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Well i have and no these arent the girls these are brand new fat peg nerf bars with heel guards on my yfz that probably have 7 hours on them total. all track time. i havent hit anything or smashed into anybody. and from what i understand im not the only one with their ****ty tig welds popping instead of spending money on half naked girls why dont u hier some better tig welders.and if anybody from pro armor does look at this i can get pictures of all the tig welds on the heel guards popping off also. Well worth the 300 plus they charge for them.:rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2434.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2432.jpg

05-23-2009, 12:41 PM
that must be a common flaw area because I know of 2 other people with TRX's that snapped in the same place but actually broke the whole tube. Maybe they are using lower grade materials or something because my old Pro Armor sport series nerfs have been through a lot and there is only a little crack in the heel guard plate not in the tubing. Bummer if they dont get this resolved because I hate the AC Blacklines on my other 400ex and I dont care to spend $500 on a nerf setup going IMS or Rath.

JR3
05-23-2009, 12:55 PM
yea its just bull**** because im not cheap ill spend money but when you pay over 300 bucks for nerfbars you would expect them to hold up. whatever wont be able to get ahold of them until the holiday weekend is over i already called and left a message with the sales/tech support these have a better chance of fixing themselves before i get a call back haha

MX450
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
rath

lonnie1977
05-23-2009, 01:06 PM
That sucks. That tubing or the weld for that matter shouldnt break like that. Maybe there importing ther material from china or something. I wouldn't expect that from an American made product. Maybe the Rock or Alba ones they are improting.

gcart2
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
yea i had to deal with the BS too. however mine was on my 400ex. all the welds broke. heel guard and all. i switched to rath.

05-23-2009, 01:51 PM
id buy AC before id buy pro armor..

BlaineKaiser450
05-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
id buy AC before id buy pro armor.. me 2

JR3
05-23-2009, 02:11 PM
glad to see im not the only one with this crap. i had ac on my 400ex and 450r but i didnt like the ac on my yfz so i switched to pro armor this is what i get i guess haha like if this many people are having problems you think they would change the design. i only put this up here because they are a site sponsor and i was hoping they would see this and maybe help me out. at the end of the season either on this race bike or a diffrent one im gonna go all rath products there **** looks well thought out not just mass produced and a lot of public relations to sell products.

extremeblastr
05-23-2009, 03:23 PM
rath seems to go a little overboard weight wise with some of their products though...

JJs450r
05-23-2009, 03:37 PM
same problem cracks and breaks on both sides

JR3
05-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
same problem cracks and breaks on both sides

yea ill keep bumping this up until someone from pro armor contacts me from this post or from the message i left if this many people are having problems they need to find out about it and come up with a solution. they market there products as race this and race that well shouldnt they hold up for more then one race heres a picture of mine before they were broke they look good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2389.jpg

MX450
05-23-2009, 05:46 PM
i remember when i was at the mill creek nat just this year watching the pros run greg gee has pro armour and the nerf bars were broken before the moto was over.

junk. end of discussion. complete junk. plus there crap is ugly as hell.

hondariderdylan
05-23-2009, 06:16 PM
e-mail them a link to this thread:p

or get ahold of urproarmorchick while shes online

Robin Hood
05-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Snapped a mount on mine that goes from the heel guard to the sub frame, and another rear fender mount. Had my rear fender floppin around for my 2 hour harescramble and it got shredded. Wish I had a tig welder.

Dan_Guetter
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah go with Rath, pro armor is junk

QuadJunkies
05-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
rath seems to go a little overboard weight wise with some of their products though...

Id take weight for added strength and durability over light and flimsy ANY day of the week.
Ive personally never had any issues with my Pro Armors but as for AC, they were the biggest pieces of junk aside of the UM nerfs we had on our Honda 450.

JR3-Will they warrenty it ?

JR3
05-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Id take weight for added strength and durability over light and flimsy ANY day of the week.
Ive personally never had any issues with my Pro Armors but as for AC, they were the biggest pieces of junk aside of the UM nerfs we had on our Honda 450.

JR3-Will they warrenty it ?

idk they havent got back to me but i assume they are off for the holiday weekend. If they send me just a new right side nerf that would be fine but if they want me to send it back and blah blah blah. i have a amazing welder local that lay down better welds then there factory so thats where id be going. and then ill be calling rath!

edit : why did this get moved i understand it is steering and suspension but i wanted more views thats why i posted it in open forum.

QuadJunkies
05-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by JR3
idk they havent got back to me but i assume they are off for the holiday weekend. If they send me just a new right side nerf that would be fine but if they want me to send it back and blah blah blah. i have a amazing welder local that lay down better welds then there factory so thats where id be going. and then ill be calling rath!

edit : why did this get moved i understand it is steering and suspension but i wanted more views thats why i posted it in open forum.

Raths are top notch,but I would def. give Pro Armor a call on Tues. and just see what they say. Maybe they will take care of you.
I didnt move it, but ya kind of answered your own question . lol :p

extremeblastr
05-24-2009, 09:55 PM
i understand that strength and durability usual causes a sacrifice in the weight area but i'm good friends with a rider for team southside polaris and being on polaris they run rath and some of the stuff just seems heavy as sin just for the sake of adding things for looks.

Tommy Warren
05-24-2009, 10:04 PM
wow I see ads for pro armour in all the mags and I never see any for Rath but i've been hearing nothing but good things about rath and nothing good about pro armour. that must be why they need to advertise so much. thats too bad i was looking into getting a front bumper from pro armour but now i'm gonna take my business elsewhere!!:( you let me down amateur armour!!

supraloud84
05-25-2009, 07:29 AM
i have been having quite a few problems with pro armours stuff lately as well. First my skid plate mounts started falling apart and then I found out how weak the mounting system on the big horn bumper is. Ive been searching for so new stuff for my machine to replace the pro armours stuff that is continually breaking

hondariderdylan
05-25-2009, 09:15 AM
wow you guys
i have never heard any of this about pro armor and here i was thinking about getting a belly skid from them

i wouldnt expect this from a company like theres

UrProArmorChick
05-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I sent this is our customer service rep, she did recieve your voicemail and she will be calling you within the next hour...

lonnie1977
05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
wow you guys
i have never heard any of this about pro armor and here i was thinking about getting a belly skid from them

i wouldnt expect this from a company like theres

There Chassis skid plates are very good. I have had one on both of my quads and a friend has one on his YFZ with no problems. Much better then AC's skid and look better too.

motofreak2772
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
they need to update their stuff.
If they re-did or completley made some new products I think they can do alright. Their name is big enough that if they started fresh people would be interested. Ive personally have never bought anything from them and don't really plan on it.

UrProArmorChick
05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
they need to update their stuff.
If they re-did or completley made some new products I think they can do alright. Their name is big enough that if they started fresh people would be interested. Ive personally have never bought anything from them and don't really plan on it.

We are doing just that..As for new products...

We just came out with the new Revolution Nerf Bars, we have them for the YFZ450R, and the LT-R450 and YFZ450 just got released and will be in stock soon. We will soon have them for the rest of the sport quads.

We also just added HID Light Kits to our list of products, along with product for the Raptor 250, and some new RZR products.

If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see we would love to hear the feedback. You can send an email to Kristinal@proarmor.com with any new ideas you would want to see.

BikeSwimLaugh
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Ya know...I've been waiting about 3 weeks for my ProArmor swing-arm plate and belly-plate to arrive in the mail. Of my entire order, the ProArmor has been the last to show-up, even Elka (up in Canada) made custom shocks and mailed them to me weeks ago. I think it's been more like 4 weeks.

Based on what I'm reading, I'm gonna check into some other plate-protection and perhaps cancel my order for the ProArmor....sounds like the company is cheaping-out on product quality and hoping their reputation and established market presence will carry them.

The 400EX is a very sold quad, hard to imagine they're out of stock and out of production for so long, sheesh!

zyoung04
05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
a buddy of mine has some of the pro armor nerfs that come with the seperate heal guards bought them off of guy that had a weld break on him well he had it fixed been a couple place never hit nothin hard with or anything they broke when we were trail riding one day

BakerRacing40
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
the good thing about rath is if you break something you can get the pieces individually. they use high quality material. of what rath stuff i have its never failed me. i even took a spill on the track hard enough to bend a arms but i only had to pick the dirt off the sway bar lol....
i still have a set of dg alloy series regular nerfs that i've raced with for almost a year with no failure, just some scratches and a little area that got chewed by a wheel... rubbin is racin.. lol