PDA

View Full Version : Steel City!!!

Meister649
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Whos all headin out? Looks like a good weekend! A buddy of mine is racin 450 A and Open A on a Baldwin/Team Scoonie KTM #66.. Just look for the group of Orange shirts and you`ll find us haha..

Honda4life05
05-22-2009, 02:37 PM
not tryin to steal yourn thread, but can you please tell me the difference between atv open c, an atv production c?? i have poseted a few times an still no awnsers! thanx

HBRIG014
05-23-2009, 03:59 PM
OPEN you can run hybrid and quads with frame mods... and production it has to have factory frame ... and stuff.

Honda4life05
05-23-2009, 11:58 PM
do you know, generally speaking which would be easier?

HBRIG014
05-24-2009, 05:17 AM
iv ran both of them, and i think that the open class is easiest.. Production always seems faster then the open class.

Meister649
05-25-2009, 09:48 PM
The weekend at Steel City was sweet! Was Pumped to see Upperman do well and put on a hell of a charge in the 2nd moto!

We got there about 830pm on Friday night.. We pull in and my buddy set up shop right across the drive from the Fox rig.. There was a nice spot big enough for our 2 cars and 2 tents so we parked there and asked a track worker if we could set up there.. He told us to go ahead and it was fine.. Well we did.. Fell asleep, woke up about 7am and sneezed in my tent only to hear a reply from outside "bless you, now I have to talk to you so come out here".. Im not a morning person and the tone I heard this did not make me very happy.. It was a different track worker telling us we couldnt be where we were cuz it was "vendor row".. WTF.. There were no more vendors coming, but he fed me a line a BS and said he had some more coming.. Then I said I would move across the drive to up against my buddies trailer and he said no, thats vender row too.. I looked down and was like yeah, all those quads look like vendors to me right? Im moving down there and thats that.. When he suggested we go to the FAR hill on the other side of the track I laughed.. We ended up moving, and I HEARD from another fella who worked there that the Fox guys *****ed about tents cramping there style.. Now I dont know if this was 100% the truth, but I REALLY hope the FOX guys arent that much of dicks.. After all, its people like US who pay for our stuff which allowed them to have them nice big shiny motorhomes and trailers, and put food on there table.. If they didnt actually say anything, and it was just the power tripping track worker, then I guess thats ok on Fox`s part.. The best part was, is that NO vendors showed up, and by sunday there were a few cars and trucks parked all over that spot, and somehow the 2 little no parking signs they put up vanished not long after they parked there :D ... The same track "worker" (*****er) also made a few cars move from field by the big table on sunday because "they didnt want the grass torn up for the bike national"??? For one, no it wouldnt have got tore up from us parking there to watch instead of sitting in the rain or leaving early (good thing we didnt leave, cuz the upperman ride was killer!). Two, WHEN exactly is the bike national? Yeah, thought so, pleanty far enough away that I could have spun doughnuts down there and the grass would be a foot tall by then.. Some stupid thinking went on this weekend by track "people"..

Thats my rant.. Had a good time.. I ride bikes, but watching the quad nats makes me want to buy a race quad..