PDA

View Full Version : Outerwears lid vs. Uni Vents?

BEAVER.989
05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure if I want either of these, but am looking into both. I do quite a bit of wet riding, but as long as I travel slowly through the wet stuff I should be ok, right?

I guess my thinking is that if I go the Outerwears route, I'll still have the factory lid for trips to the car wash and times when it's really wet on the trail.

rooster_20
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I went to the outerwears lid on my ex (cutting the stock lid and applying the outerwears) it works great on the dry/med wet stuff but when you are hitting real big mud holes ie over the air box it can be a pain. I had to pull the box plug to drain the water out of mine last trip...

Speedy 400ex
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Ya i did the outerwear's mod and i usually only ride on the dry stuff. It works great for that. I think if you where going though mud it would be ok if out made some kind of deflectors on the side and didn't submerge the quad.

uchi
05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
as long as your not submerging the quad youll be fine. i have drilled a dozen or so 3/4 inch holes in my lid and dont get water into it. i got a small amount in once but we were splashing through mud and water for 3 solid hours submerging our feet at times. youd be surprised how little mud actually makes it to the top of your lid. but everyone rides a little different. if you arent sure check your lid after a muddy ride and see how clean it is.