PDA

View Full Version : home practice track weed killers

mxpimp2000
05-22-2009, 01:08 PM
anyone have any homemade weed and grass killer that they use on the private tracks at home??

everytime i go to ride on my track i have to weedeat it for 2 hours and by the time i get done i dont even feel like riding. i dont want to go buy a bunch of expensive stuff and it not work well.

ive heard that vinager dish soap and salt works good but i want to kill it for atleast a year down to the dirt.

extremeblastr
05-22-2009, 01:12 PM
ride more;)

seriously spend some real time on the track and they should stop growing in the parts you use

mxpimp2000
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
ride more;)

seriously spend some real time on the track and they should stop growing in the parts you use

i would but during the week i work work work and its hard to get alotta ride time in..i wish i could devote all my time into riding:ermm:

extremeblastr
05-22-2009, 01:38 PM
i'm lucky enough to have neighbors that are into all kinds of stuff so i don't really have the issue of not being able to ride, i can hit it in the morning before work or whatever else i have planned and even at night. but the only thing that will really really work without having to spend time and money is to just increase traffic over the area you want to use...

mxpimp2000
05-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i'm lucky enough to have neighbors that are into all kinds of stuff so i don't really have the issue of not being able to ride, i can hit it in the morning before work or whatever else i have planned and even at night. but the only thing that will really really work without having to spend time and money is to just increase traffic over the area you want to use...

i dont want grass/weeds anywhere on or around my track lol im goin to mix me up some vinager and salt and dish soap and try it. i just thought other ppl might have found something that works besides ridin alot

Ellingsoc26
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
roundup makes this kick *** weed and grass killer works really good spray once and no weeds for the year

fastredrider44
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I've never mixed soap with salt and vinegar. Maybe that works better, but salt and vinegar will only last for a couple of weeks. Best luck I've ever had was mixing GLY-4 (industrial round-up) and Crossbow (For stemy typre of plants) together and mixing them just a hair stronger than what it calls for. Mix them too strong and it just burns the plant but they come back. It's a pain because they both have to be mixed with water at the proper dilution first, but well worth the time.

631kfx400
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
round up

Phugg
05-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Yak or LLama urine, It works for 2+ years. Of course you have to "obtain" the stuff yourself.

Sjorge450R
05-22-2009, 03:11 PM
bleach!!!!!!

lonnie1977
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
They should have a total veg killer at the local home depot or where ever. Think it lasts for a season but havent bought it in a long time.

RATPACK Z400
05-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Gas in spray bottle works on weeds and poison Ivy.

lonnie1977
05-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Watch what you put in the ground if you have well water. Dont want to be drinking that stuff.

MX MaNiAc 06
05-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Post what works for you guys. I can't stand when the weeds grow up on the sides of the jumps. Looking for the most effective and cheap way to get rid of as many weeds as possible.

400exrider69
05-24-2009, 05:11 PM
it's to late now the big pasture we ride in in January we tost it and it grows back straigt grass i'm really allergic to weeds bad

it'd try round up
i take a lawn mower thru our woods course

honduh440
05-24-2009, 05:35 PM
i sell lawn chemicals for a living ... get round up

hondariderdylan
05-24-2009, 07:46 PM
i used bad gas in a jug with some holes poked in the cap once

now that i look back on it, it works but its not good for the ground or for anything you dont want dead

TCracin440ex
05-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
anyone have any homemade weed and grass killer that they use on the private tracks at home??

everytime i go to ride on my track i have to weedeat it for 2 hours and by the time i get done i dont even feel like riding. i dont want to go buy a bunch of expensive stuff and it not work well.

ive heard that vinager dish soap and salt works good but i want to kill it for atleast a year down to the dirt.

Diesel Fuel. but dont put it on anything u dont want dead because man that shyt kills everything

400exrider69
05-24-2009, 08:16 PM
yea and make sure your far away from a house years ago our house burn down when fire went up a mouse tunnel and good bye house kinda a freak thing is your track in the woods or open ground

redrider91
05-25-2009, 05:52 AM
use diesel it works just as good as roundup for that stuff.plus its alot cheaper. accedently let the tractor overflow when i was filling up no grass for the rest of the year.it doesnt evaporate like gas does on the ground.there was a stain on the gravel for a couple months

300racer
05-25-2009, 09:22 AM
used oil! lol i droped my 5 gallon drum of used oil on are font lawn and it's been over a year and there is still nothing growing in that spot.:mad:

TCracin440ex
05-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by redrider91
use diesel it works just as good as roundup for that stuff.plus its alot cheaper. accedently let the tractor overflow when i was filling up no grass for the rest of the year.it doesnt evaporate like gas does on the ground.there was a stain on the gravel for a couple months

thats because diesel is not a gas. its an oil

madskrillz2
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
If you can find it anymore, 24-D will wipe any kind of weed out

mxduner
05-28-2009, 11:51 AM
i've been told anti freeze lol, but the drain oil works dandy as well as diesel.seriously don't do this and if..... well if its an accident lol keep it way far from your well

hondariderdylan
05-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by mxduner
i've been told anti freeze

i hope you dont like animals:p

derekhonda
05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope I don't live near any of you dumbasses that are ruining the ground water. Spend a little extra money and do it right, geez.

hondariderdylan
05-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I hope I don't live near any of you dumbasses that are ruining the ground water. Spend a little extra money and do it right, geez.

haha
i think the same thing some times:p

RIDEREDson
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Did you type this before, or after, you hugged a tree?

hondariderdylan
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson

drink water contaminated with antifreeze,oil,gas,etc. and see if you dont wish you hugged a tree more often:p

MX MaNiAc 06
05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
i hope you dont like animals:p

I hate groundhog holes in my jumps.. hmm....

derekhonda
05-28-2009, 08:14 PM

Are you ****ing serious? Being responsible and not putting something in the ground that WILL (read that again, WILL) cause harm to the ground and surrounding area is totally different than being a hard core tree hugger. I hope you have a well someday and someone sprays **** close to your land then we will see how quickly you run and hug a tree.

dirtcrasher
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a similar issue on my track, but it's only in areas I don't ride, like between a double jump....

I seem to be able to hit it twice a year with a weed whacker (with cables instead of twine) and I demolish them down to the base. Takes me a few hours but at least then it's manageable for a couple more months until the cold kills them.

I have a well so I don't use any chemicals, just cut them with a good whacker!

RIDEREDson
05-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Are you ****ing serious? Being responsible and not putting something in the ground that WILL (read that again, WILL) cause harm to the ground and surrounding area is totally different than being a hard core tree hugger. I hope you have a well someday and someone sprays **** close to your land then we will see how quickly you run and hug a tree.

(ROFLO) please... next its gonna be, "Its harmful to the ozone".
Your a hoosier, so your use to crap being in your water

RIDEREDson
05-29-2009, 02:10 PM

(ROFL)
O please... next its gonna be, "Its harmful to the ozone".
Your a hoosier, so your use to crap being in your water. We understand.

Pappy
05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
1st-You dont have to be a treehugger to know that certain things leech into the ground and affect alot more then weeds...dont be a dumbass

2nd-grab a handfull of weeds and head off to your local ag store. They will sell you something that will attack the weeds your after. Round up brush control works well but will easily cost $100+ to do a small track.

3rd-Think about those weeds. Mowing and trimming may be the best solution. They hold dirt, help trap dust and will prevent your track from washing out (sides of jumps/edges etc) And if you tear them up with a quad they grow back lol

250x_kyle
05-29-2009, 03:25 PM
(ROFLO) please... next its gonna be, "Its harmful to the ozone".
Your a hoosier, so your use to crap being in your water

someones twelve. i hope u get sick from drinking water u helped polute and spend a week in the hospital pukeing and not able to keep fluids in ur system. then will see if u ever do taht crap again.

ezdaar
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Holy sheet! there are some angry ppl in here. Go take a zanax or something, better yet. get off your web commando fat/flat no having butts! and go ride! :devil:

As for killing the grass for ALONG time..

Rock Salt! a couple bags of that stuff sprinkled heavy across your area will kill EVERYTHING! you wont even have bugs on that track.

Now it will eventually dissolve and weeds grow back. But this is when you get on it with a tiller and grind that rock salt in the ground. it will become a desert in no time flat.

And its CHEAP! did I say CHEAP!? go to your local dirt supplyer and get a truck bed full for a few bills. Problem solved.

Just beshure to let it settle in before you ride. or you will throw it off the track.

derekhonda
05-29-2009, 06:21 PM
(ROFL)
O please... next its gonna be, "Its harmful to the ozone".
Your a hoosier, so your use to crap being in your water. We understand.

I didn't say a thing about the ozone, chief.

And, if "your" gonna bring up me being a hoosier, I'm going to guess "your" a boilermaker fan since you lack common grammatical knowledge. By the way, you realize both things you brought up, have nothing to do with the response I typed. Couldn't think up anything to say back so you come up with two new topics and then pretend like you have a friend with the "We understand" comment?

RIDEREDson
05-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
someones twelve. i hope u get sick from drinking water u helped polute and spend a week in the hospital pukeing and not able to keep fluids in ur system. then will see if u ever do taht crap again.

guess what.. I dispose used oil in the ground too.

RIDEREDson
05-30-2009, 12:33 AM
I didn't say a thing about the ozone, chief.

And, if "your" gonna bring up me being a hoosier, I'm going to guess "your" a boilermaker fan since you lack common grammatical knowledge. By the way, you realize both things you brought up, have nothing to do with the response I typed. Couldn't think up anything to say back so you come up with two new topics and then pretend like you have a friend with the "We understand" comment?

I had nothing to say to that lame comment. Why would I own a well in the first place? You just lashed out at people and their methods of killing weeds. So you seemed like a environmental goon. I would personally use a weed eater if it bothered me. Also, I'm no boilmaker fan, try UK.

RIDEREDson
05-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
1st-You dont have to be a treehugger to know that certain things leech into the ground and affect alot more then weeds...dont be a dumbass

People take name-calling too serious around here. Someone might as well invite Al Gore in here to give us a lecture.

Pappy
05-30-2009, 01:33 AM
People take name-calling too serious around here. Someone might as well invite Al Gore in here to give us a lecture.

I will upgrade you from dumbass to jack ***.