PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stabilizer Mounting Location ??

FISH ON!
05-22-2009, 06:43 AM
We need a PIC of the best location to mount a steering stabilizer on a APEX MXR LT. Thanks in advance for the help.

Todd

KLCRACING
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Try bringing it out toward the front right by the radiator fill if you have the new aluminum radiator. When we switched from standard travel to DC long travel, because we had old style radiator, I had to switch sides and come out on the left side of quad. Of course one clamps to steering stem and the other clamp clamps to upper bumper mount. Make sure the a-arms don't hit it when fully compressed. This is assuming that you're talking about a cylnder slide type of stabilizer. Hope this helps, don't have any pics though. Good Luck, P.S. Just read other post and saw that you could go either way. Don't really know if it would interfere with filling radiator so IMO I'd go left or away from rad. fill. It really sucks having your stuff stolen, we had our shop broken into last Nov. and they stole our best YFZ450 race quad. I guess it could have been worse cause there really wasn't nothing keeping them from cleaning us out either. I'll keep an eye out for your stuff but I doubt it makes it to Oklahoma. Kent