PDA

View Full Version : need some advice?

jas250r
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
doing topend on my stock internal 04. cylinder looks decently worn.(not much cross hatching left. i have an opportunity to buy a 2mil overbore cylinder that has maybe 3 hours of use. comes with topend gaskets also for 150, and a wr piston i can't use. i'am leaning towards this and buying a cp piston. was going to get a venom 12.25, but i don't think he offers the 97. i need advice on stepping up the project x 13.25 comp piston. seems like the project x pistons have some better stuff on them. running race doesn't bother me, it's the electric start and high compression. already have bigger battery. at what ratio does it get hard to roll over? this thing only has a hmf slip on. 13.25 or the 12.5 cp regular. help

mxpimp2000
05-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jas250r
doing topend on my stock internal 04. cylinder looks decently worn.(not much cross hatching left. i have an opportunity to buy a 2mil overbore cylinder that has maybe 3 hours of use. comes with topend gaskets also for 150, and a wr piston i can't use. i'am leaning towards this and buying a cp piston. was going to get a venom 12.25, but i don't think he offers the 97. i need advice on stepping up the project x 13.25 comp piston. seems like the project x pistons have some better stuff on them. running race doesn't bother me, it's the electric start and high compression. already have bigger battery. at what ratio does it get hard to roll over? this thing only has a hmf slip on. 13.25 or the 12.5 cp regular. help

96mm wiseco 13:1, good reliable power and not a huge bore. my bike has 13:1 and stock battery and still holding up good for me

jas250r
05-23-2009, 06:28 AM
so i went with a 97mm cp 12.5 piston for that cylinder. trying to talk the guy down to 100. ordered it through laskey racing. called cp direct and they gave their number as a dealer. gave me a price of 160. laskey said cp has been sending them business because of other dealers marking up price to much?