PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarker Carrier Help

matt14c
05-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Im getting a new burgard rear bearing carrier and I had asked them if it took the o-ring style seals that go on the outside towards the ends and they said they dont use anything. Is there anyone else out there that doesnt use these seals or anyone that do use them? If I dont than what could happen? I guess that the carrier is sealed so it wouldnt affect the bearings but there has to be a reason why Honda put a seal on the stock carrier.

n811
05-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I was told with my "RAD" style carrier that I need to just use some marine grade lube and wipe it around the carrier then install it. 2 yrs later no problems. I went through 2 stock ones before buying aftermarket.

matt14c
05-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Could I put a little anti seize on there I wonder to it dont stick??? I would imagine those cheap seals from honda are to keep dirt and crap out so it wont rust. The marine lube makes sense for the same reason just to keep water from rusting the carrier.

sheldo
05-24-2009, 01:05 AM
i didnt put the orings on my aftermarket carrier not sure if i was suppose to or not so i didnt and its been a year and half with no problems