PDA

View Full Version : need help gettin the 440 running right!

bad_shee05
05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey all. I need some info from you guys running a 440 big bore! We bought a used motor for my girl and her ex and have had nothin but trouble! Its a 440 big bore kit with an 11.1 wiseco piston, rpm ported head, stage 2 hot cam, and a supertrapp exhaust. My gear ratio is 14/38. Its really a dog on bottum to mid and I was thinking of throwin a stroker crank in it but I wanna make sure its not just a tuning thing. What jetting is common? I think my main is like a 185 and pilot is maybe a 53 or something... And I was told 87 / 89 octane fuel is fine in it but is that ok with the 11.1 compression piston? Also how do u keep these monsters cool? I think I'm gunna get a fan from radioshack and have it suck air through the cooler and see how it works. Good idea? And last but most important.. Would a higher revving cdi help me? It feels like I just nail that rev limiter off the bat and when I'm wide open I feel like there is a lot more! Thanks a lot!

rob_990
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
i wouldnt run anything lower than premium in it.11:1s the highest you can run on pump gas. i just got a 4" spal puller fan installed today that i got from ebay for 35 bucks.thats what most ppl run but my motors in pieces right now so i cant tell ya how good it works but it seems like its gonna cool it down a good amount. ive got a white bros cdi on mine but after the rebuild i dont know if im gonna run it cause 4 strokes arent supposed to rev very high and i think that was part of the reason why my quads broke.id put a 15 tooth sproket up front and see what that does.