PDA

View Full Version : Help w/a Topic...

Bryson#221
05-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey all- I've been wracking my brain all morning trying to think of a REALLY good persuasive speech topic for my college course. I don't want something that everyone has already done before. My professor said the best speech he's ever heard was one given by a lady persuading people why they should wash their hands regularly. I want something that will really stand out. All of my other speeches have been motosport related, so preferably nothing remotely close. Any ideas?

dehner47
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
i know you said you dont want it to be riding related but... theres always a but:devil: why dont you talk about something your passoinate about. talk about how people are starting to destroy out land and sand dudes with all the trash and pollution. dont even need to speak about the riding side of it. talk about it as a informative way and an educating way on how the trash is hurting the local wildlife, vegitation, ect. and what you as a community can do about. you can even go into if we keep it up, this is how long our land will last ect,ect,ect.

just a thought:D

derekhonda
05-21-2009, 01:43 PM
When I had the same topic, my teacher told us to think of something way outside the box, and something that hardly no one believes in and or practices.

I went with no one should get married before they are 40. And I did do a pretty good job of persuading, of course there are several logical reasons that go against this argument (and I brought them up in the speach, babies, duel incomes, tax breaks, ins. benefits, ect) but it made for a fun topic.

Bryson#221
05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I think I might do something dealing with the economy...maybe persuading people to buy more generic products as opposed to all named brand. I'm thinking about bringing in some products, too and comparing ingredients, etc. Something to save people money in these times we're in...I think it might catch their attention.

I hope.

Whaddya think?

dehner47
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
that topic could deff work. cause thats a topic that effects young and old. no matter what race, background, or where you come from. you could even take it as far as fooling them to think that one products the name brand one and the other is the generic one. when in actualality(sp) its the generic product is actually better then the high dollar name brand one. that could bring in some interaction into your presentation. making teacher and students alike, be interested in what your talking about.

i feel an A+ in your future :D :blah: ;)

Pappy
05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Pick a topic you totally disagree with, then argue from the point of defending that issue from the opposite side of your feelings.

<DRS>GPF
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
politics..? (unless its been over used lately)

for example, the argument concerning the "youth bike ban"..
related to your past topics, but not..
discuss your views on the ruling and your argument/agreement.

How about California's consideration for a shorter school year?

or illegal immigration and how it affects the US?

perhaps consider a topic your teacher is passionate about and argue with or against it.

i suppose i shouldnt imply to "pick a side", perhaps just laying out the facts and creating debate.

ahh... how about news media's effect on the masses.. point out political skews etc. that drive public opinion/fears/etc.

buck440
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
the topic of god? that'll be a fun one if i were in there:devil:

fastredrider44
05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I did a speech last year on persuading people to spend more time outdoors. It turned out alright.

Ryan
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
If I had to choose a topic for a speech, it would probably about the dangers of driving (speeding, drinking ect), but more about how you endanger other peoples lives and the repercussions of it. I would choose this topic because I have had to many friends die in car accidents due to speeding and drinking. and the others who now sit in jail because they killed someone behind the wheel while they were under the influence. Just today, some punk passed me and my mother at over 100mph and nearly side swiped the car. I seen him at the traffic light and gave him a piece of my mind :mad: :p .

I think the issue should be as well known as possible. Young people get behind the wheel (mostly the boyz) and drive as if the public roadway is their own private racetrack. I personally blame the Fast and the Furious, but im probably biased cause I never liked that movie anyways :o ;) .