PDA

View Full Version : service honda

lil bax
05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
how do they mount the cr250 engine in the 400ex chassis without it vibrating like crap if anyone has any info on this please help me out and pictures would be even better.

audioworks04
05-25-2009, 04:38 PM
not positive, but i think honda uses a damper. Since they split the cases already to get it to kick forward.

deathman53
05-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I would like to know how they get it to kick forward and if they could do the same to a crf450r motor, a forward kicker would be much nicer in the quad frame. Alot of hybrid crf450r/yz***f, would jump over it.

400exMO
05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Only real way I see possible to get it to kick forward would be to add a gear inbetween the kicker gear and idler gear. Otherwise you're kicking the engine backwards and 4 stroke will not run. I've heard stories of 2 strokes running backwards though. But then you have 5 gears of reverse.

deathman53
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
it doesn't even take that to make a 2 stroke run backwards. If the timing is 180 degrees off or something is messed up with the flywheel magnets it will run backwards. The first batch of aftermarket tecate 3/4 flywheels had something wrong with them and they ran backwards. Several guys on 3ww had that problem. I seen some posts on bluetraxx with blasters that ran backwards also. Some snowmobiles do something similar for reverse, you hit a switch and it throws the timing 180 degrees off, making forward now into reverse. However, they have a rev limiter built-into that, so it will only go so fast in reverse, probably 10mph max. A guy on 3ww, added a gear externally on his atc500r, to make it kick forward.