PDA

View Full Version : Chris Borich's dual sprocket guards, Who makes it ???

ppeengines
05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
I was at the Sommerset Gncc last weekend checking out Chris Borich's quad. SWEETEST RIDE I EVER SEEN!! And I am a honda man. But anyways I was looking at the rearend and noticed the dual sprocket guard and was wondering who made it and if they sell them for all race quads. The sprocket guard was staright BEEFY! It dang near looked a 1/2inch thick on each side. I want one. Good job last week Chris Borich, thats 3 years in a row I watched him win Sommerset. I even won 200$ betting on you. HA HA

sha_rob_27
05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Im not sure exactly what he runs, but Lonestar makes a sprocket guard...http://www.lsracing.com/suzuki-ltr450_sprocket-guard-suzuki-ltr450.html

blastinroost
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
it's a custom part. not availible to the public.

RideRaceLive93
05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
you all are wrong i have one gt thunder makes them duhh

ppeengines
05-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by RideRaceLive93

I pretty sure you are wron. It wasnt a gt thunder sprocket guard. I seen many of them. This one was really high polished one that looked like it was chrome chromoly that is way thicker than the gt thunder's models. Thats why i was asking. Because I had a gt thunder one that a already thrashed and am finally taking it off. Or it is a newer model/version gt thuder is making.

RideRaceLive93
05-22-2009, 05:35 AM
well i know before the gt thunder and lonestar ones came out peple use sprockets blanks

RATPACK Z400
05-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Why not run skid with guard together ? running just guard doest seem like alot of protection to me ,rocks/sticks/etc still can get in between chain and sprocket and snap chain ,sure it helps alot but not as good as a skid can, plus if chain pops off your not gonna get chain over guard to ride again IMO. if skid got hit hard guard would stop chain from dragging/chewing on skid and heating up and breaking. havent seen anybody run those new plastic blocks on rear do they work good?

danjoc111
05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Borich is runing a one off custom made guard. Just a warning these things are great if you have someone buying all of the parts they will ruin. I had one on my TRX 450 i had a rock wedge inbetween the two disks and bent the disks so bad they ruined my swingarm. Also be aware runing these you are going to break alot of chains, and when a rock wedges in these right they will pull your front counter shaft out of your case....witch really sucks. No one in my series will run these anymore, they are not worth it. buy a regualr skid, the added inch. of ground clearance is not worth it...trust me!

blastinroost
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RideRaceLive93

Not the one Chris uses.

get your facts straight.

the GTT wasn't strong enough so they have one CUSTOM MACHINED.

ppeengines
05-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by blastinroost
Not the one Chris uses.

get your facts straight.

the GTT wasn't strong enough so they have one CUSTOM MACHINED.

I knew it wasnt GT Thunder. Your right is was custom machined and boy would sure like to get one. You know what I am going to order me some chromoly 9inch round stock and machine my own if it doesnt break the bank to buy it. I have a CNC mill and lathe and a ODM cutter, why couldnt I make one. I will post some pics when I finish one down the road. Thanks again for the info.

quadfmx
03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
blingstar i believe

nkillian9
03-22-2011, 12:17 AM
finally someone gets it right it is bingstar or thats wut he was running last year, altho blingstars names on it they dont make it, they buy it from a machinest out of texas

wnyoaracer
03-23-2011, 06:11 PM
the guard that chris runs is from blingstar because iv talked to him and i raced with him there nice iam getting one soon go with the blingstar one

mineralgrey01gt
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
i saw those but i would be worried about rocks and such getting in between them and causing a lot of damage