PDA

View Full Version : ITP SS112 spot quad cast Wheels??

longboardnj
05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
im looking at what wheels to run on my 400ex im looking to find wheels that will not bend. i thought cast wheels maybe the best bang for the buck and tuff enough not to bend...anyone running ITP SS112 spot quad cast Wheels??if so how are they?? any problems(bending ,cracking,exc)??

CJM
05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Cast are not that strong, you want forged if you can find them. btw cast dont bend, they break.

But remember, its just aluminum or mild steel. If you hit the wheels hard enough on something they will bend or break.

bigd's ex
05-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I run the 112 sport series & like them alot. Had a few hard landings with no problems. ITP's warranty is if it breaks they replace it.

longboardnj
05-21-2009, 09:09 AM
man that looks great..i may have to go with that set up. i cant stand bending rims and i hear they dont bend and are very tuff..i dont bend rims like most people, like bending up the outside of the rim.i have done that too but mostly i bend them in a way that they wobble..do these rims take regular valve stems?

bigd's ex
05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by longboardnj
[B.do these rims take regular valve stems? [/B]

I would say yes, but they are thicker than a stock or steel wheel.

I'm not saying these wheels are the best there is or anything, but they have held up very well for my style of riding. If I was into mx I don't think I would run them though.

scuzz
05-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Those look nice but H-E-A-V-Y.

tx07400ex
05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
i have the ss rims and surprisingly when we broke down the stockers they were only a lb or 2 heavier. the holeshots actually added more weight from stock than the rims. i have ridden hard on mine, running over trees and pretty much bottoming the tires out to the rims doing it and no problems so far. the do use regular valve stems i just told a local tire shop i needed 4wheeler lug nuts and valve stems and they worked fine, you do need to get the lug nuts made for aluminum wheels just like with a truck though

longboardnj
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
sweet 400ex... i dont have to worry about bottoming the tires out to the rims... i run about 7 psi front and 6 psi rear..im just tired of that high speed little wobble i get from bent 190 alu rims..that cant be good for bearings.. 190 wheels just dont seem to hold up well to a 225lb rider....im not worried about weight of the cast wheel.. i was going to run steel 3+2 offset up front but the only steel wheel i could find is 2+3 offset and thats too much...im thinking i will run black cast wheels up front and steel wheels painted black in the back....

CrewCab
05-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Here they are in all black. I like them but If I was doing it again I would get something different.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL487/410422/20836622/331664715.jpg

tx07400ex
05-22-2009, 02:15 AM
yeah i didnt care about weight at all i wanted rims that looked good, i only weigh 135 and my highest jumps are only about 4 ft. so i dont worry about strength now that i have the gncc's i dont worry at all those 6 plys should keep my rims safe

longboardnj
05-22-2009, 12:31 PM
"Here they are in all black. I like them but If I was doing it again I would get something different" thanks looks good in all black..speaking of something different did you,or anyone hear anything good about cast douglas Quad-Rok wheels??they say there tuff and cheaper then itps