PDA

View Full Version : Driving to utah where to ride

Dunesurfer
05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I am making a trip to utah with my quads and dont know where to go. I went to Coral pink before and its cool. This trip I will be staying in Salt lake. Any riding in Northern Utah?l

jesseweaver
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
i'm on the other side of the country so i dont know much about where in utah it is or anything... but i've always dreamed of riding at cainville, that place looks amazing:eek2:

05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm from West Valley which is about 15 min. from Salt Lake. My fav. is Little Sahara sand dunes out by Delta. It's about an hour and half drive if you go through Tooele. 5 Mile pass is an okay type of place, mostly trails. It's about 20 min. from Tooele.

Dunesurfer
05-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks, I used to live in west jordan, I didn't ride back then. I thought I would ride little sahara. Do I need paddles? Also, how is bountiful peak. I am bringing an extr yfz 450 for my buddy to ride, I think he should ride some trails before I take him to the sand. I'm all about the sand, I ride glamis 70-80 days a season.

05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Dunesurfer
Thanks, I used to live in west jordan, I didn't ride back then. I thought I would ride little sahara. Do I need paddles? Also, how is bountiful peak. I am bringing an extr yfz 450 for my buddy to ride, I think he should ride some trails before I take him to the sand. I'm all about the sand, I ride glamis 70-80 days a season.

I ride Little Sahara every weekend... Atleast usually. I'm out on surgery right now. You don't need paddle's but if you have them you'll want them. If you don't have paddle's on your bikes don't go in the bowls behind Sand Mountain... You WILL get stuck in the bottom of one. If you're looking for huge bowls go behind the mountain. To the right of the mountain there are alot of Step-ups.

Dunesurfer
05-21-2009, 11:56 PM
cool thanks

dustin_j
05-22-2009, 07:37 AM
If you're still going to Utah, then go to Moab. There's open riding all around the town. They have about everything; you can ride in the mountains, desert style trails, small set of dunes, etc. I went last summer at it was a blast.

05-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
If you're still going to Utah, then go to Moab. There's open riding all around the town. They have about everything; you can ride in the mountains, desert style trails, small set of dunes, etc. I went last summer at it was a blast.

Moab isn't bad but it's personally not my cup of tea... 6 hours from Salt Lake City as well... Not worth it IMO

Dunesurfer
05-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Are there any places right around salt lake?