PDA

View Full Version : annoying vibration

standardryder
05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I have an 05 yfz and just recently I started getting a high frequency vibration in high rpm. I cant feel it, just hear it and its annoying the crap out of me! Mostly because I cant find out where it coming from, checked everywhere. First I though it was mid-header where the two pieces come together but I through a clamp on and still there. I ran out of ideas, anybody else get this? any suggestions?
I took a video, its hard to hear cause my camera sucks but its there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvSRTarqUQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvSRTarqUQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

squadie
05-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Crazy thought, but check your swingarm skid plate. My PRM skid plate started to vibrate up near the front of the swingarm over time. I couldn't hear the vibration in the video unfortunately...

banker30
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
kinda had the same problem and never thought of it and couldnt notice till i tore it down...but check ur front motor mounts...

standardryder
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Hmm well I did throw a new singer guard on few weeks ago it could have loosened up, definitely have to check that out. And I went through the motor mounts, but only tightened up the bolts where the propegs mount to so ill have to look that over too.
Thanks!

Ryan
05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by squadie
Crazy thought, but check your swingarm skid plate. My PRM skid plate started to vibrate up near the front of the swingarm over time. I couldn't hear the vibration in the video unfortunately...

That seems to happen alot! I toke my YFZ out the other day and was hearing a weird vibration... Sure enough, it was the rear skidplate.