JForestZ34
05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
It hasn't even been a full week...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520877,00.html?test=latestnews

James

XCRacer236
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
i must be missing something?

how come these stories keep poppin up everywhere?

JForestZ34
05-20-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL I know, There were some other threads on topics like this and I was just pointing out that there are more bad apples than good ones..

In one of my other posts I said every week there is a story about something like this, and that's why it hasn't even been a week and this came out...

James

XCRacer236
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
oh ok. got it.

thought maybe Obama changed a law that allowed cops to beat the s*** out of people if they didn't cooperate or something, lol!

Scro
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350

thought maybe Obama changed a law that allowed cops to beat the s*** out of people if they didn't cooperate or something, lol!

I'm all for it:chinese:

Which 450?
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I'm all for it:chinese:

same, what they didnt show was when the guy tried running the cop over that was trying to put the stop sticks out. He should have got life IMO.

Pappy
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Which 450?
same, what they didnt show was when the guy tried running the cop over that was trying to put the stop sticks out. He should have got life IMO.

Not to defend this a-hole, but when he did wreck he was unconcious when they got to him. They beat him in that state. Thats plain wrong.

If they could have shot the sob when he tried running down the officer...by all means drill him!

dehner47
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Not to defend this a-hole, but when he did wreck he was unconcious when they got to him. They beat him in that state. Thats plain wrong.

If they could have shot the sob when he tried running down the officer...by all means drill him!

X2 pappy. :rolleyes:

you took the words right off my keyboard:devil:

Scro
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
The chase lasted for 22 minutes. From a cops stand point, I can see where adrenaline would kick in after a high speed chase for that long and cause them to act the way they did. If I saw some low-life hit a friend and fellow officer of mine (not to mention the other innocent lives that he could have taken), I don't think I could have calmly ran over to him and put him in cuffs, either.

Not saying I would beat him senseless, but I do understand why they did it.

If anything, I think they should have been fired because they tried to cover it up by editing the tape.

dehner47
05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
The chase lasted for 22 minutes. From a cops stand point, I can see where adrenaline would kick in after a high speed chase for that long and cause them to act the way they did. If I saw some low-life hit a friend and fellow officer of mine (not to mention the other innocent lives that he could have taken), I don't think I could have calmly ran over to him and put him in cuffs, either.

Not saying I would beat him senseless, but I do understand why they did it.

If anything, I think they should have been fired because they tried to cover it up by editing the tape.

i do agree with your statement. i can understand where your coming from. but, as a law officer (not me. the cops) they should have the training and the mindset to know whats wrong and whats right. and to know when to back it down a bit and not let there "emotions" get the best of em. cause if that was the case, i should of never been arrested all those times cause of bar fights, drunk fights or beating someones @$$. cause all those times, it was my "adrenaline and emotions" getting the best of me

cops are here to "protect and serve" not "beat the hell outta dude knocked out cold and blame it on our adrenaline" does that mean after we all done racing and riding and our adrenaline is threw the roof, i have a right to beat someones @$$ with my feet, fists and billy club. oh, and dont forget, with four of my home boys too. i just dont get it.

dehner47
05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
and scro. your from AL. you might be able to answer this since you might of read or seen this in the paper or on the news. the article i read didn't say but, where the officers all white?? or where there any black cops helping with the beat down??

please, i'm not taking this in the racist direction. i was just wondering if its become a race thing down there or not. i know the race card will always come up and be played, but i was just wondering if its one of those situations or not. thought maybe you could shed some light on this subject being your from AL.

Tommy Warren
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
if a cop is standing in front of your car and you let off the brake and roll forward he is allowed to shoot you in the face!!! I think thats perfectly fine. because if a cop is in front of my car...i'm not moving only crazy people try to drive at the cops....IMO its the cops...i'm not gonna screw with them. the police is the biggest gang in the states and if you threaten or screw with them your gonna go down its a fact!!

Scro
05-21-2009, 03:06 PM
No, there were some black officers involved - two, I believe.

I guess I'm on the fence about this one. You're right they should have had more self-control. But, it never would have happened if he was acting civilized.

Tommy Warren
05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
If it was a guarantee that you were going to get beat down whenever you commited a stupid crime would you still break the law? I think it needs to happen more often.

not to me though:D ;)

Pappy
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
If it was a guarantee that you were going to get beat down whenever you commited a stupid crime would you still break the law? I think it needs to happen more often.

not to me though:D ;)

Awesome, we would then be just like Iran, China, N.Korea.....they cut off arms for crimes and they are still commited. IMO its time to look at the cost involved in these situations versus the end result. This clown to will get a healthy settlement, and wont serve any time for his crime.

The punishment and fines should be so severe that people wont run...but even then they still will. People ran on horseback from the law, cars are no different as far as the act of fleeing goes.

Whats next, anyone who states things we dont like the cops show up and rub a butt on them....

One liberty lost at a time is how they all go away.

Ryan
05-21-2009, 09:22 PM
This debate is still going on? LOL ;) :p I plead the 5th!

fastredrider44
05-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I have a view on this topic. Haha. I wish the death penalty was enforced more and a few badd apples mysterically ended up dead. I hate paying for some piece of crap to live in a 6x8 cell.

On the same note, sometimes officers do get too trigger happy. I know mistakes happen, but like the arguement before, they are suppossed to be trained to not let their emotions get the better of them.

Scro
05-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
This clown to will get a healthy settlement, and wont serve any time for his crime.

This happened over a year ago, the video is just now being released for some reason. The guy is serving a 20 year sentence at the moment.

I'm sure that sentence involved other things like drugs, which was the reason he was running.

Pappy
05-22-2009, 08:19 AM
This happened over a year ago, the video is just now being released for some reason. The guy is serving a 20 year sentence at the moment.

I'm sure that sentence involved other things like drugs, which was the reason he was running.

$10 bucks says that after this blows up, his sentence is commuted

extremeblastr
05-22-2009, 08:35 AM
so i read this entire thread twice now and the only thing that sticks in my head......the supposed word "mysterically" that someone used in their post