PDA

View Full Version : New 2Fast Kit--Test Run

bulldogfallon
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
We were able to try out the new 2Fast kit this past weekend.

First impression is that this is nice kit that makes power that can be used on an MX track.

It was mated with a Snyder pipe and basic CVT tuning.

We didn't have to stall it to the moon or do anything exotic to make it work.

Seems like this could be a good choice for faster riders this year.

Overall a very good first impression!!

More tuning with other pipes coming sooon....

Keep you posted

hotquads1
05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I think there will be one running at the Nationals this week in PA, we can get an idea how it measures up with the others. The parts are first class , best looking cylinder , finish, quality I have ever seen. My guess is these will be at the front of the pack going around the first turn. For the guy who wants the best and is willing to pay for it, I see a 2-FAST in your future.
Marc

turbo appex
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
when you buy the kit dose it come with a crank and what cases do you have to use for a 90 in atva. thanks

turbo appex
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
when you buy the kit dose it come with a crank and what cases do you have to use for a 90 in atva. thanks

Logan #34's Dad
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
What are you implying Turbo? Someone up high is going to have to come up with an official ruling on this. The cat is out of the bag by now so let the chips fall where they may.

frank parvin
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
its a unfair advantage and not legal with 50 cases it right in the rules black and white i have 90 cases so should the people with the 2 fast ITS THE RULE rocky i dont care if my kid is being out riden but when they have illegal advanged and just beating down the straight away then it not fair to him its not about kids not the adults

Logan #34's Dad
05-27-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree Frank, If its the rule then its the rule. Call it silly or not. I'm not an engine guy by any stretch so I don't know why its better in the 50 cases and not the 90 cases but It is the kit to have. HOWEVER, I saw another set up at Steel City that I'm willing to bet will be just as potent! #27!!!!!!!!! :devil:

raidernut
05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
The 90 cases can be made to out run the 50 cases, if its the rule, then it is easy enough to make a mute point. Any reputable motor builder would laugh at the notion that the 50 cases will out run the 90 ones.

Logan #34's Dad
05-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
The 90 cases can be made to out run the 50 cases, if its the rule, then it is easy enough to make a mute point. Any reputable motor builder would laugh at the notion that the 50 cases will out run the 90 ones.

Then why would those engine builders put this kit in a 50 case if it requires so much work inside the case. I've been told its about volume. Apparently a half a millimeter is alot.
I don't know if you all got a chance to see the #7 this weekend but his engine looked real fast and it is on 90 cases. His finish did not reflect the speed of the quad. He had other issues all weekend.

raidernut
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
In the scooter racing world in which this cylinder was manufactured for, there is no 90 cases. They mainly race 70cc machines, thus is why the kit is made for the small cases. Now the work required to make the kit work in the 50 cases doesnt take any more time than making the 90 cases mimic the 50 ones.

markvette
05-28-2009, 06:31 AM
50 cases do have less volume. Billy Holt and i measured 50 and 90 cases about 3 years ago. dont remember the difference but bet Billy does. we put a 90 crank in a 50 case then too. again not new technology just something that is just getting out to the masses.

Mark

hotquads1
05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by turbo appex
Yes the crank is included , it is 1/2 the cost of the kit very nice item, balanced and blueprinted with high quality bearings, I doubt any other crank could withstand the power and hold-up. I think the rules will require a 90 production case to be legal . The difference between the 50 and 90 case is not issue to an engine builder, the case volume can be made the same in both and performance will be identical. This kit is so fast it really does not matter how you assemble it.

marsrace2
05-28-2009, 12:37 PM
thanks for chiming Marc, I hope to be able to try one of these out in the future with our wicked new Trackside pipe, that should be quite the combo!!!!

bulldogfallon
05-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Marc and I just picked up the Trackside pipes after hearing such good reviews on them across the 70cc and 90cc range.

marsrace2
05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Gary, did you get it from Greg after we spoke?

nordic quad
05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone know anything about the DB levels on the Trackside pipe?Need to go 96 or lower.

marsrace2
05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I will follow up and get back to you, I am dealing these now so I will go right to the source and find out. It really isnt any louder than our Apex mx pipe was.