PDA

View Full Version : Soft Bars

Colby@C&DRacing
05-20-2009, 09:34 AM
We recently received our first shipment of the new Soft Bars from ATVFOURPLAY. I was very impressed with the quality of these bars and the thought that went into the design. The Soft bars are designed for use on an ATV with an antivibe steering stem but they will fit many factory steering stems with a simple shortening of the mounting bolts. We all know pressure washing our ATV's is a must with the conditions we ride in if we want to keep them clean. The problem with high pressure water is it forces it way past seals and cause pivot points to corrode or seize, ATVFOURPLAY was aware of this problem and installed grease fittings on the soft bars to prevent this from happening. The soft bars also feature a PDS ( Progressive dampening system) which allows the resistance at the beginning of the bars movement to be quite soft and then progressively get stiffer the farther the bars move.

We installed the Soft Bars on one of our 2009 Polaris Outlaw project bikes the day before the opening round of the 2009 IATVHSS. I was a little concerned about racing with a new set of bars with no practice time on them. The soft bars came setup a lot softer than I was use to but after a two hour Hare Scramble I was convinced the PDS system works I really never even noticed them moving. The only issue I encountered with the bars was the ID of the bar ends were a little large and did not allow my hand guard end wraps to tighten up.

There are many other features to these bars that I will include in a full product view but I just wanted to post some quick info on a great product.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Mounted up

Scro
05-20-2009, 10:31 AM
They look alot better with black at the pivot points, instead of that ugly stainless.

Honda#4
05-20-2009, 12:54 PM
How do they compare against the flexx bars?

Colby@C&DRacing
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
They both are great products. Both bars help reduce rider fatigue and the risk of injury.

T@AFP
05-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Here is a pic of a black set.
They will be offered in Black, red, and blue.

ScottB125
05-27-2009, 10:01 AM
What is the cost of these?

I could have used some of these a month ago. My wrist has been all kinds of jacked after bottoming out.

Thanks

T@AFP
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
MSRP is $ 295.00 per set.
Check w C&D. They should be able to help you out.

ScottB125
05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I was reading on your site that these work with some stock stems. Will these work with a DS450's stock stem?

Thanks

T@AFP
05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I believe it will.We don't have any stock stems here at the shop to confirm but if you want to give us a call.We can figure it out pretty quick.Or you can send me a pic.

Honda4LifeWes36
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Ha my stock handlebars broke as I was riding a wheely! :o But thanks to the good old welder I'm back in action. :D

usp4u
06-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Honda4LifeWes36
Ha my stock handlebars broke as I was riding a wheely! :o But thanks to the good old welder I'm back in action. :D
dangerous. good luck.